Last Updated: September 15, 2023
Huddersfield will be hosting a John Smith’s Stadium encounter this coming Saturday when Rotherham arrive for a test of their credentials.
Huddersfield vs Rotherham Stats
- Huddersfield have lost the last 3 home matches in a row
- Huddersfield have conceded in the last 6 matches in a row
- Huddersfield have not won 5 of the last 6 matches
- Huddersfield have scored in 7 of the last 9 matches
- Huddersfield have scored in 7 of the last 9 home matches
- In the last 7 matches in a row Rotherham played, both teams scored
- In the last 8 Rotherham matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Rotherham have scored in the last 10 matches in a row
- Rotherham have lost the last 3 away matches in a row and both teams scored at the same time
- In the last 5 Rotherham away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
Huddersfield vs Rotherham Squad lists
Neil Warnock will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Rotherham from the following players:
- Chris Maxwell (12), Jacob Chapman (31), Lee Nicholls (1), Ben Jackson (30), Loick Ayina (37), Matthew Pearson (4), Michal Helik (5), Oliver Turton (20), Rarmani Edmonds-Green (2), Thomas Edwards (16), Tom Lees (32), Yuta Nakayama (33), Ben Wiles, Brahima Diarra (11), David Kasumu (18), Jaheim Headley (15), Jonathan Hogg (6), Josh Austerfield, Kyle Hudlin (27), Danny Ward (25), Delano Burgzorg (7), Jack Rudoni (8), Josh Koroma (10), Josh Ruffels (3), Kian Harratt (22), Patrick Jones (26), Sorba Thomas (14).
Listed below is the full squad of Rotherham players that the manager Matt Taylor will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Dillon Phillips (26), Nathaniel Ford (33), Viktor Johansson (1), Cameron Humphreys (24), Cohen Bramall (3), Dexter Lembikisa (2), Grant Hall (20), Hakeem Odoffin (22), Jamie Lindsay (16), Tolaji Bola (15), Tyler Blackett (6), Andre Green (11), Cafu (7), Ciaran McGuckin (35), Fred Onyedinma (14), Hamish Douglas (36), Lee Peltier (21), Oliver Rathbone (18), Shane Ferguson (17), Arvin Appiah, Christ Tiehi (27), Georgie Kelly (12), Jordan Hugill (10), Sam Nombe, Sean Morrison (23), Tom Eaves (9).
Huddersfield vs Rotherham Lineups
Huddersfield vs Rotherham Preview
Huddersfield hope for some consistency, as their last three matches added four points to their account. A meeting with Middlesbrough resulted in a 1-1 draw, followed by a 0-4 defeat against Norwich, before beating West Bromwich by 1-2. A top half finish is the dream for Huddersfield, but neutral spectators have them down for a season in the lower end of the Championship. Huddersfield claimed a middle-of-the-road three wins in their previous six matches on home soil in the Championship. They also drew one and lost two, as they scored nine and conceded nine goals.
Rotherham collected one win from their last three matches, as Leicester won by 1-2. Stoke were too strong as well, winning 6-1, before Rotherham won 2-1 against Norwich. Most people expect Rotherham to face a hard battle to avoid relegation from the Championship for most of the season. This is a fiercely competitive league each year, and they seem to be lacking in quality. Rotherham came through their last six away games in the Championship without a single win. Of those six matches, they drew three and lost three in which, they were outscored by eight goals to three. Rotherham are among the 1 worst away teams in the Championship, with a gloomy zero points collected on their travels. They managed to score two times, while also conceding six.
Huddersfield vs Rotherham H2H
Huddersfield claimed all three points in 3 of their 4 latest home matches against Rotherham. Huddersfield beat Rotherham by 2-0 in their most recent match, while Rotherham claimed a 2-1 win in the match prior to that. Huddersfield go into their upcoming match against Rotherham with a 40% winning record in recent meetings. This gives them a 4-4-2 record in the latest encounters with their next opponent. A record worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Huddersfield rank 21 with four points to their name from five matches, while visitors Rotherham rank 20 in the table on four points.
Full Time Betting
John Smith’s Stadium witnessed Huddersfield winning four times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing three and losing three as well. Rotherham claimed three wins, three draw and four defeats in their last 10 games away. Both teams scored in four of the last 10 home league matches for Huddersfield. Both teams also found the back of the net five times in the previous 10 league games away for Rotherham.
Both Teams to Score
Huddersfield triumphed in a 2-0 win against Rotherham, the last time they faced off. However, Rotherham secured a 2-1 win in the match before that. Both teams scored six times in the previous ten matches between home side Huddersfield and Rotherham. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.80. Huddersfield scored at least once in 7 of their 8 most recent encounters in the Championship against Rotherham. Both teams to score paid out six times in the previous ten matches between home side Huddersfield and Rotherham. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.80.
Both teams to not score paid out four times in the past ten encounters between Rotherham and Huddersfield, whereas under 2.5 goals happened four times. Huddersfield scored an average of 1.4 goals a game, with Rotherham averaging 1.1 goals in this run. Huddersfield performed an average of 2.4 goals a game in their previous ten matches in which over 2.5 goals came out six times. Over 2.5 goals happened in eight of the last ten games for Rotherham, who managed to hit the net 1.7 times on average in these games.