Last Updated: August 11, 2023
Huddersfield and Leicester City meet at the John Smith’s Stadium for a round 2 match this coming Saturday in the Championship.
Huddersfield vs Leicester City Stats
- Huddersfield have won the last 3 home matches in a row without conceding a goal
- Huddersfield have not lost 14 of the last 16 matches
- Huddersfield have scored in 14 of the last 16 matches
- Huddersfield have not lost 9 of the last 10 home matches
- Huddersfield have won the last 3 home matches in a row and the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Leicester have conceded in 21 of the last 23 matches
- In 7 of the last 9 Leicester matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Leicester have not won 8 of the last 9 away matches
- In 5 of the last 7 away matches Leicester played, both teams scored
- In 7 of the last 9 Leicester away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
Huddersfield vs Leicester City Squad lists
The 74-year-old manager of Huddersfield, Neil Warnock, will select the lineup against Leicester City from the players listed below:
- Rowe, Jackson, Diarra, Spencer, Maxwell, Mahoney, Ward, Kasumu, Rudoni, Chapman, Headley, Hogg, Rhodes, Koroma, Ruffels, Harratt, Phillips, Hudlin, Nicholls, Ayina, Pearson, Helik, Turton, Jones, Edmonds-Green, High, Thomas, Edwards, Adwar, Lees, Nakayama.
Leicester City Squad
Listed below is the full squad of Leicester City players that the manager Enzo Maresca will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Alex Smithies, Boubakary Soumare, Callum Doyle, Conor Coady, Daniel Iversen, Danny Ward, Dennis Praet, Hamza Choudhury, Harry Souttar, Harry Winks, James Justin, Jamie Vardy, Jannik Vestergaard, Kelechi Iheanacho, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Luke Thomas, Mads Hermansen, Marc Albrighton, Patson Daka, Ricardo Pereira, Stephy Mavididi, Timothy Castagne, Victor Kristiansen, Wanya Marcal-Madivadua, Wilfred Ndidi, Wout Faes.
Huddersfield vs Leicester City Lineups
Huddersfield vs Leicester City Preview
In their last three matches, Huddersfield won 2-0 against Reading, before losing 3-1 against Plymouth and 2-3 to Middlesbrough. Leicester City would probably consider anything lower than a second place finish to be a disappointment. The visitors have one eye on a title challenge and know a good start is imperative. Huddersfield won three of their previous six matches at John Smith’s Stadium in the Championship. They drew three and suffered zero defeats, scoring ten goals to five against.
In their last three matches, Leicester City first beat West Ham 2-1, then Coventry by 2-1 and finally Burton by 0-2. The big goal of the season for Leicester City has to be winning the title, with a place inside the top two expected as the Championship action starts to unfold. In their last six Championship away matches, Leicester City have three wins, they’ve drawn three and lost one zero. They scored nine while also conceding four times. They also experienced three draws and zero defeats.
Huddersfield vs Leicester City H2H
Leicester City are excited about their upcoming encounter with Huddersfield, whom they beat in their last 4 matches. Leicester City got the better of Huddersfield in their most recent meetings, as they first won 2-0, then 2-1. Leicester City look back on four wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Huddersfield. The home side has a 0% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 0-0-4. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Huddersfield will be hopeful of getting on the board after an unlucky opening game to the new Championship campaign which left them empty-handed. Huddersfield came away from their opening match of the season on a sour note and hope to make amends in the upcoming match.
Full Time Betting
Of their 10 most recent games at John Smith’s Stadium across all tournaments, Huddersfield won five times, drew three and lost two. Leicester City won two of their recent 10 games on their travels, as well as drawing three and losing five. Huddersfield are looking at six wins from a possible 10 Championship matches. Their visitors this coming Saturday claimed all three points seven times in their previous 10 league matches.
Both Teams to Score
Leicester City celebrated two wins against Huddersfield in their most recent meetings, outclassing their next opponent by 2-0 and 2-1. Leicester City scored at least once in their last 4 Championship matches against Huddersfield. Both teams found the back of the net two times in the last four matches between Huddersfield and Leicester City.
Over 2.5 goals came out two times in the last four encounters between these two teams. Huddersfield managed an average of 0.5 goals, with Leicester City averaging three goals in these games. Both teams to score was a winning bet two times in this run of matches. Over 2.5 goals came out six times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Huddersfield, who scored an average of 3.5 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in seven of the last ten outings for Leicester City, who managed to score 1.6 times in those matches.