Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: May 24, 2023
Round 37 of the Premiership serves up an encounter between Hibernian and Celtic taking place at Easter Road Stadium on Wednesday.
Hibernian vs Celtic Stats
- In 8 of the last 10 matches Hibernian played, both teams scored
- In 9 of the last 11 Hibernian home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Hibernian have scored in 15 of the last 17 matches
- Hibernian have scored in the last 7 home matches in a row
- In 4 of the last 5 home matches Hibernian played, both teams scored
- Celtic have scored in 38 of the last 39 matches
- Celtic have not lost 26 of the last 27 matches
- Celtic have scored in 35 of the last 37 away matches
- Celtic have won 11 of the last 13 away matches
- Celtic have not lost 12 of the last 13 away matches
Hibernian vs Celtic Squad lists
Lee Johnson will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Celtic from the following players:
- David Marshall, Chris Cadden, Paul Hanlon, Joe Newell, Thody Elie Youan, Josh Campbell, Lewis Stevenson, Marijan Cabraja, William Fish, James Jeggo, Kevin Nisbet, Rocky Bushiri, Conrad Egan-Riley, Ewan Henderson, Martin Boyle, Mykola Kukharevych, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Kyle Magennis, Aiden McGeady, Harry McKirdy, Matthew Hoppe, Jair Tavares, Lewis Miller, Allan Delferriere, Darren McGregor, Michael Devlin, Momodou Bojang, Runar Hauge.
Here is the full team squad of Celtic. The 57 year-old Ange Postecoglou will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Aaron Mooy, Alexandro Bernabei, Alistair Johnston, Anthony Ralston, Ben Summers, Benjamin Siegrist, Callum McGregor, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Carl Starfelt, Conor Hazard, Daizen Maeda, Dane Murray, David Turnbull, Greg Taylor, Hyun-Gyu Oh, James Forrest, James McCarthy, Joe Hart, Jota, Kyogo Furuhashi, Liel Abada, Matthew O’Riley, Owen Moffat, Reo Hatate, Scott Bain, Sead Haksabanovic, Stephen Welsh, Tomoki Iwata, Yuki Kobayashi.
Hibernian vs Celtic Lineups
Hibernian vs Celtic Preview
In their last three matches, Hibernian beat St. Mirren 2-1, drew 0-0 with Aberdeen, before losing 1-3 against Rangers. Hibernian won half of their previous six matches on home soil in the Premiership, while also drawing zero. They suffered three defeats, while they scored eight and conceded 11 goals. Hibernian are among the three teams scoring the least goals at home in the Premiership this season. They managed 32 goals at Easter Road Stadium, while conceding 25.
Celtic added four points to their account in their previous three matches, starting off beating Hearts 0-2. A 3-0 defeat against Rangers followed, before sharing the points with St. Mirren in a 2-2 draw. In their last six Premiership away matches, Celtic claimed a full handful of five wins. They’ve drawn none but in stead lost once, scoring 17 whilst conceding six times. Celtic have been prolific goalscorers in the Premiership, not least away from home. Until now, they have been on target 54 times, making them the most scoring away side, while also letting in 16 goals.
Hibernian vs Celtic H2H
Hibernian were unable to win even once in their last 14 matches against Celtic. Celtic celebrated two wins against Hibernian in their most recent meetings, outclassing their next opponent by 3-1 and 4-0. Celtic seem to have a bit of a love affair with Hibernian, as they have beaten them six times in last ten encounters. The bookies have Celtic to win this match at best price odds of 1.44.
Current Premiership standings
Celtic have taken the lead in the Premiership after collecting 96 points from their initial 36 encounters. Hibernian trail them by 48 points after 36 rounds, leaving them as number 5 in the table.
Full Time Betting
Hibernian claimed four wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing one and losing five. Celtic won nine of their last 10 away games, as they also drew zero and lost one of these matches. Hibernian claimed three modest wins from their previous 10 league outings, whereas Celtic managed to win seven times from a possible 10.
Both Teams to Score
It was an enormously entertaining 3-1 match, when these two sides last played each other. A similar feast of goals would go down well on Wednesday. Both teams scored five times in the previous ten matches between home side Hibernian and Celtic. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.67. The last 3 encounters in the Premiership between Hibernian and Celtic offered a fantastic minimum of four goals scored. In five of the previous ten matches between Hibernian and Celtic both teams scored.
Over 3.5 goals came out five times in the past ten encounters between Hibernian and Celtic, with the former on an average of 0.6 goals a game. Celtic scored 2.4 goals per game and both teams scored five times in this run. Over 2.5 goals came out seven times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Hibernian, who scored an average of 1.3 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten outings for Celtic, who managed to score 2.1 times in those matches.