Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: May 6, 2023
League leaders Celtic look to widen the gap on the followers, when going up against Heartson Sunday. Defending their position at the top is of high priority, but Hearts are fighting for a place inside the top four, when they meet at Tynecastle Park.
Hearts vs Celtic Stats
- Hearts have lost 6 of the last 7 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- In 8 of the last 10 Hearts home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Hearts have lost 6 of the last 7 matches
- In 8 of the last 10 Hearts matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Hearts have conceded in the last 7 matches in a row
- Celtic have scored in the last 35 matches in a row
- Celtic have not lost the last 23 matches in a row
- Celtic have won 20 of the last 22 matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Celtic have won 21 of the last 23 matches
- Celtic have scored in 33 of the last 34 away matches
Hearts vs Celtic Squad lists
The 42-year-old manager of Hearts, Robbie Neilson, will select the lineup against Celtic from the players listed below:
- Forrest, Cochrane, Halliday, McKay, Baningime, McLuckie, Devlin, Gordon, Halkett, Pollock, Kuol, Mackay-Steven, Ferguson, Hill, Grant, Ginnelly, Rowles, Shankland, Neilson, Boyce, Smith, Atkinson, Kiomourtzoglou, Haring, Snodgrass, Stewart, Humphrys, Kingsley, Sibbick, Oda, Clark.
Below is the full team squad of Celtic. The manager Postecoglou will pick his starting XI against Hearts from these players:
- Benjamin Siegrist, Conor Hazard, Joe Hart, Scott Bain, Alexandro Bernabei, Alistair Johnston, Anthony Ralston, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Carl Starfelt, Stephen Welsh, Yuki Kobayashi, Aaron Mooy, Ben Summers, Callum McGregor, Dane Murray, David Turnbull, Greg Taylor, James Forrest, James McCarthy, Matthew O’Riley, Owen Moffat, Reo Hatate, Sead Haksabanovic, Daizen Maeda, Hyun-Gyu Oh, Jota, Kyogo Furuhashi, Liel Abada, Tomoki Iwata.
Hearts vs Celtic Lineups
Hearts vs Celtic Preview
Hearts suffered a couple of disappointments in their last three matches, as they were run over by St. Mirren in a 0-2 defeat. Hibernian also proved too hard to handle, as they won 1-0, before Hearts were able to strike back last time out in a 6-1 win against Ross County. It has been a bit hit-and-miss for Hearts but at least mostly hit, as they put four wins on the board in their previous six Premiership matches. They didn’t draw any matches, but lost twice, scoring 17 goals while conceding seven. Hearts are one of the three worst home sides so far this Premiership campaign. They only achieved 34 points and 11 wins, scoring 40 at Tynecastle Park whilst conceding 23 as well.
Celtic look well suited to take on any opponent presently, as their last three matches saw them gaining seven points. They ran out 3-2 and 1-4 winners against Rangers and Kilmarnock, respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Motherwell, who claimed a point in a 1-1 draw. In their last six Premiership away matches, Celtic claimed a full handful of five wins. They’ve drawn once and lost none, scoring 19 whilst conceding five times. No team won as many matches when playing away than Celtic did so far in the Premiership this season. A total of 14 matches was won on away soil.
Hearts vs Celtic H2H
Celtic are looking forward to their upcoming match against Hearts, whom they beat in their last 6 matches. Celtic celebrated two wins against Hearts in their most recent meetings, outclassing their next opponent by 3-1 and 4-3. Celtic are currently enjoying a great run against Hearts, against whom they have a 9-0-1 advantage. They should be eagerly awaiting this away trip to Tynecastle Park. The bookies have Celtic to win this match at best price odds of 1.33.
Current Premiership standings
Celtic enjoy the view from the top of the table with 92 points after 33 league matches this season. Meanwhile, Hearts find themselves positioned as number 4 in the Premiership with 48 points following 33 rounds.
Full Time Betting
Tynecastle Park witnessed Hearts winning seven of their 10 latest matches across all tournaments here. They drew zero and lost three in this run. Celtic won nine of their previous 10 games away, drew one and lost zero. Who’ll impose themselves on the match first at Tynecastle Park this coming Sunday? Hearts scored the opening goal six times in 10 home games, while Celtic did it in nine of their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
The last time the pair played each other Celtic came away as 3-1 winners, and rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind this coming Sunday. Both teams scored six times in the previous ten matches between home side Hearts and Celtic. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.67. Celtic scored at least once in their last 13 Premiership matches against Hearts. The past ten matches between Hearts and Celtic have largely been entertaining affairs. Over 2.5 goals came out a winning bet seven times in these encounters. It seems only natural to look for goals this coming Sunday. Over 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 1.44 with the bookies.
Both teams to score was a winning bet six times in the ten encounters most recent outings between Hearts and Celtic. More than three goals came out seven times, as Hearts scored 0.9 goals on average, with Celtic pulling off 2.7 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of Hearts’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 1.3 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came up in seven of Celtic’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 2.7 goals in these matches.