Last Updated: September 16, 2023
At Van Donge and De Roo Stadion, Almere City FC and Excelsior battle it out for three points in a Eredivisie match where both are in need of points to boost their tally.
Almere City FC will play the match against Excelsior hoping to gain some ground on the latter in Eredivisie standings. A positive result could be more than important for their upcoming challenges this season.
How to Live Stream Excelsior vs Almere City FC on Sunday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various Eredivisie matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Excelsior vs Almere City FC may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Bet365 offers live game coverage
Click on this link to watch the game live.
‘Join now’ and enter details.Log in and fund your account.Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.* Geo-restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Excelsior vs Almere City FC on TV
UK: Mola TV
Excelsior vs Almere City FC Team Stats
- In 9 of the last 11 matches Excelsior played, both teams scored
- In the last 4 home matches in a row Excelsior played, both teams scored
- Excelsior have scored in 11 of the last 12 matches
- Excelsior have conceded in 10 of the last 11 matches
- Excelsior have not won 9 of the last 11 matches
- Almere City FC have scored in 25 of the last 27 matches
- Almere City FC have scored in 20 of the last 22 away matches
- In the last 6 matches in a row Almere City FC played, both teams scored
- Almere City FC have lost the last 4 matches in a row and both teams scored at the same time
- In 8 of the last 9 Almere City FC matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
Excelsior vs Almere City FC Squad lists
The 51-year-old coach of the home team, Marinus Dijkhuizen, will select the lineup against Almere City FC from this squad:
- Norbert Alblas (18), Pascal Kuiper (38), Stijn van Gassel (1), Arthur Zagre (12), Casper Widell (5), Ian Smeulers (28), Kik Pierie (3), Mimeirhel Benita (22), Redouan El Yaakoubi (4), Serano Seymor (34), Siebe Horemans (2), Sven Nieuwpoort (16), Adrian Fein (25), Cisse Sandra (8), Julian Baas (33), Kian Fitz-Jim (10), Lennard Hartjes (20), Noah Naujoks (15), Oscar Uddenaes (11), Yassin Ayoub, Couhaib Driouech (14), Derensili Sanches Fernandes (30), Jacky Donkor (21), Lazaros Lamprou (7), Mike van Duinen (29), Nikolas Agrafiotis (19), Raphael Eyongo (27), Richie Omorowa (17), Troy Parrott (9).
Almere City FC Squad
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 57 year-old Almere City FC manager Pastoor will select his starting XI from these players:
- Nordin Bakker (1), Samuel Radlinger, Stijn Keller (26), Christopher Mamengi (25), Damian van Bruggen (4), Jochem Ritmeester van de Kamp (39), Joey Jacobs (3), Loic Mbe Soh, Manel Royo (23), Sherel Floranus (2), Stije Resink (28), Theo Barbet (22), Alvaro Pena (6), Anthony Limbombe (7), Danny Post (8), Hamdi Akujobi (20), Jose Pascual (14), Kornelius Hansen (17), Lance Duijvestijn (10), Marcelencio Esajas (36), Milan Corryn (21), Peer Koopmeiners (15), Rajiv van La Parra (27), Bradley van Hoeven (29), Faiz Mattoir (24), Thomas Robinet (9), Yann Kitala (9), Yoann Cathline (19).
Excelsior vs Almere City FC Lineups
Excelsior vs Almere City FC Match Preview
It is neither good nor disastrous for Excelsior with just two points from their last three matches. They first drew 2-2 against Ajax, followed by another draw. This time 2-2 against Fortuna Sittard, before going down in a 3-1 defeat against Heracles. Most people expect Almere City FC to face a hard battle to avoid relegation from the Eredivisie for most of the season. This is a fiercely competitive league each year, and they seem to be lacking in quality. Excelsior only pulled off two wins from a possible six in recent Eredivisie matches on home soil. Of the remaining four matches, they drew three and lost one, as they scored nine and conceded seven goals.
Almere City FC endured a tough spell in their last three matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 2-1 by Fortuna Sittard, before Feyenoord ran out 6-1 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against PEC Zwolle, who came out 1-2 winners. A battle for survival appears to be on the cards for Excelsior as they seek to keep their Eredivisie status for another term. Almere City FC are winless in their last six away games in the Eredivisie, in which they drew zero and lost two. They conceded eight goals while scoring two themselves.
Excelsior vs Almere City FC H2H
This is the first time Excelsior squares up against Almere City FC in the Eredivisie in the 21st century, thus both face a whole new experience of coming up against an unknown opponent. Excelsior picked up four wins in their previous ten matches against Almere City FC, while the latter claimed five wins in these, with the remaining finishing a draw. The bookies best betting odds on a draw at full-time are at 3.60.
Excelsior vs Almere City FC Betting & Odds
Here are the odds for Excelsior vs Almere City FC as provided by bet365 at the time of publishing the article. For the list of latest odds for the match visit bet365.com.
Match odds: Excelsior (2.00) | Draw (3.60) | Almere City FC (3.40)
Over/Under goals (O/U): Under 2.5 (2.35) | Over 2.5 (1.57)
Both Teams To Score (O/U): BTTS No (2.50) | BTTS Yes (1.50)
Full Time Betting
Excelsior won three of the previous 10 home matches across all tournaments, while drawing four and losing three as well. Almere City FC won four from a possible 10 away from home, as they also drew three and lost three in this run. Of the last 10 times Excelsior stepped out in front of their home crowd, “both teams to score” happened seven times. Both teams also scored in seven of the last 10 away games for Almere City FC.
Both Teams to Score
It is the first time Excelsior and Almere City FC meet in the Eredivisie since “forever”, meaning they are opening a whole new chapter.
Excelsior saw over 2.5 goals in six of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 1.4 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals were scored in eight of the ten most recent games across all tournaments for Almere City FC. They performed an average of 1.6 goals in these.