Last Updated: August 25, 2023
Last season’s relegation survivors Everton welcome Wolves to Goodison Park on Saturday for a round 3 match in the Premier League.
Everton vs Wolves Stats
- In the last 5 Everton matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In the last 9 Everton matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 7 of the last 8 Everton matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In the last 3 Everton home matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In 10 of the last 12 Everton home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Wolverhampton have conceded in 27 of the last 29 away matches
- In 12 of the last 14 Wolverhampton away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Wolverhampton have not won 10 of the last 12 away matches
- In the last 3 Wolverhampton away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Wolverhampton have conceded in 8 of the last 10 matches
Everton vs Wolves Squad lists
Sean Dyche will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Wolves from the following players:
- Andy Lonergan (31), Joao Virginia (12), Jordan Pickford (1), Ashley Young (18), Ben Godfrey (22), James Tarkowski (6), Jarrad Branthwaite (32), Mason Holgate (4), Michael Keane (5), Nathan Patterson (2), Seamus Coleman (23), Vitalii Mykolenko (19), Abdoulaye Doucoure (16), Amadou Onana (8), Andre Gomes (21), Arnaut Danjuma (10), Dele Alli (20), Dwight McNeil (7), Idrissa Gana Gueye (27), Jack Harrison, James Garner (37), Jean-Philippe Gbamin (25), Alex Iwobi (17), Demarai Gray (11), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (9), Neal Maupay (13), Thomas Cannon (47), Youssef Chermiti (28).
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 40 year-old Wolves manager O’Neil will select his starting XI from these players:
- Daniel Bentley (25), Jose Sa (1), Tom King (40), Bendeguz Bolla, Craig Dawson (15), Hugo Bueno (17), Jonny (19), Matt Doherty (2), Max Kilman (23), Nelson Semedo (22), Rayan Ait Nouri (3), Toti Gomes (24), Boubacar Traore (6), Bruno Jordao, Joao Gomes (8), Joe Hodge (32), Mario Lemina (5), Matheus Nunes (27), Fabio Silva (29), Goncalo Guedes (17), Hee-Chan Hwang (11), Matheus Cunha (12), Pablo Sarabia (21), Pedro Neto (7), Sasa Kalajdzic (18).
Everton vs Wolves Lineups
Everton vs Wolves Preview
Everton have been a bit bleak in their last three matches, although it opened with a 1-0 victory against Bournemouth. Unable to follow that up, they went down 0-1 against Fulham, before handing over all three points in a 4-0 defeat against Aston Villa. A top half finish is the dream target for Everton, although keeping their Premier League status for another season has to be the priority. In their last six Premier League matches at home, Everton have one win, while they’ve drawn one and lost four.
Wolves were unable to pick up a single point in their last three matches, as they were first beaten 5-0 by Arsenal. Next up, Manchester United won 1-0, before losing 1-4 against Brighton. Everton naturally hope for a top half position come reckoning day next spring, but experts foresee a tough battle ahead in the lower regions of the Premier League. Wolves didn’t manage a single away win in their last six Premier League matches, but managed one draws, while suffering five defeats. They conceded 17 and scored two goals themselves.
Everton vs Wolves H2H
Wolves are without defeat against Everton in their last 4 matches in a row. It finished 1-1 when Everton last played Wolves and the best betting odds on yet another draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.20. In last ten encounters between the clubs, Wolves have been the dominant force winning five matches against Everton. The bookies have Wolves to win this match at best price odds of 3.00.
Current Premier League standings
What is the mood like in the Wolves-squad after getting defeated in their first two matches of the new Premier League campaign? They could be staring into a lousy start to the season, if a third defeat already awaits at Goodison Park. Wolves are still without a single point on the board following the first couple of matches in the Premier League. They will be very eager to get off the mark in this round three.
Full Time Betting
Goodison Park saw four wins for Everton in their last 10 here across all tournaments. They also drew one and lost five, while Wolves won two of their 10 most recent outings on their travels, whilst drawing two and losing six. Wolves conceded at least once in nine of their last 10 away games, while Everton managed four clean sheets in their previous 10 matches played at Goodison Park.
Both Teams to Score
The match ended in a 1-1 draw in the previous outing between Everton and Wolves and should we get another draw, the bookies best price are at 3.20. Both teams to score came out seven times in the past ten matches between Everton and Wolves. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 1.91 with the bookies. Wolves managed at least one goal in 9 of their previous 10 Premier League matches against Everton. The past ten matches between Everton and Wolves have largely been entertaining affairs. Over 2.5 goals came out a winning bet seven times in these encounters. It seems only natural to look for goals this coming Saturday. Over 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 2.10 with the bookies.
Over 2.5 goals came out seven times in the last ten encounters between these two teams. Everton managed an average of 1.2 goals, with Wolves averaging 1.7 goals in these games. Both teams to score was a winning bet seven times in this run of matches. Over 2.5 goals happened in three of Everton’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 0.7 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came up in four of Wolves’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 0.9 goals in these matches.