Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: June 3, 2023
Both Espanyol and Almeria need points to escape their current position at the relegation-end of the La Liga table. The match takes place at RCDE Stadium and could be labelled a serious six-pointer.
Almeria are aiming to extend the lead on Espanyol in the La Liga table after they go toe-to-toe on Sunday. On the other hand, the hosts should be motivated to not let the current gap get any bigger than it already is.
How to Live Stream Espanyol vs Almeria this coming Sunday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various La Liga matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Espanyol vs Almeria may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Register for Bet365 to follow the match live
Sign up for Bet365’s live stream service here.
‘Join now’ and enter details.Log in and fund your account.Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.* Geo-restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Espanyol vs Almeria on TV
UK: Premier Sports, ITV
Espanyol vs Almeria Team Stats
- In 13 of the last 15 matches Espanyol played, both teams scored
- Espanyol have scored in 25 of the last 27 matches
- In 13 of the last 15 Espanyol matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Espanyol have scored in 17 of the last 19 home matches
- Espanyol have not won 12 of the last 14 matches
- Almeria have conceded in the last 25 away matches in a row
- Almeria have not won 22 of the last 23 away matches
- In 11 of the last 13 away matches Almeria played, both teams scored
- In 9 of the last 11 Almeria matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 7 of the last 8 Almeria away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
Espanyol vs Almeria Squad lists
The 42-year-old coach of the home team, Luis Garcia, will select the lineup against Almeria from this squad:
- Fernandez (25), Fortuno (34), Pacheco (13), Garcia (1), Pedrosa (3), Vidal (22), Olivan (14), Montes (23), Calero (5), Puig (37), Cabrera (4), El Hilali (26), Gil (2), Pierre-Gabriel (18), Sanchez (27), Gomez (24), Keddari (28), Villahermosa (31), Suarez (6), Exposito (20), Puado (7), Lazo (16), Gragera (15), Bare (8), Koleosho (30), Martinez (35), Darder (10), Costa (12), Gomez (19), Joselu (9), Braithwaite (17), Touaizi (32), Ribaudo (21).
Below is the full team squad of Almeria. The manager Rubi will pick his starting XI against Espanyol from these players:
- Lazaro (25), Fuoli (25), Marino (1), Martinez (13), Centelles (20), Mendes (24), Brandariz (21), Kaiky (2), Lazaro (14), Svidersky (26), Ely (19), Akieme (15), Babic (22), Pozo (17), Puigmal (18), de la Hoz (6), Melero (3), Eguaras (4), Robertone (5), Samu (23), Embarba (10), Sousa (11), Toure (9), Portillo (8), Ramazani (7), Baptistao (12), Suarez (16), Sanca (27), Milovanovic (16).
Espanyol vs Almeria Lineups
Espanyol vs Almeria Match Preview
Aming to remain unbeaten, Espanyol managed to beat Rayo Vallecano 1-2, before drawing 3-3 with Atletico Madrid. Most recently, they had to settle for a 2-2 draw with Valencia. Many people had Espanyol down as candidates for the drop before the season, but rescue is still within reach, as the season nears its end. In their last six La Liga matches at home, Espanyol have one win, while they’ve drawn two and lost three. Espanyol have the poorest defensive record on home soil season in the La Liga. They conceded an impressive 32 goals so far at RCDE Stadium.
Almeria added four points to their account in their previous three matches, starting off beating Mallorca 3-0. A 1-0 defeat against Real Sociedad followed, before sharing the points with Real Valladolid in a 0-0 draw. Almeria are closer to the relegation zone than they would have wished for at this late stage of the season. They are still capable of pulling clear though and securing another season in the top flight. Almeria claimed just one win from the last six away games in the La Liga. They also drew one and were defeated four times, as they were outscored by 13 goals to eight. No team won fewer matches away from home than Almeria did so far in the La Liga this season. A total of one match were won on their travels.
Espanyol vs Almeria H2H
Espanyol took a hit when Almeria handed them a 3-1 defeat in their latest encounter. The former did win the reverse match though, as they secured three points to their name by claiming a 3-0 win. Espanyol have a 50% win rate in the against Almeria, who won three of these matches. The total record reads 5-2-3, which is worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy. Espanyol scored at least once in 11 of their 12 most recent encounters in the La Liga against Almeria. Both teams found the back of the net four times in the past ten matches between home side Espanyol and Almeria. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.44.
Espanyol vs Almeria Betting & Odds
Here are the odds for the game between Espanyol and Almeria as announced by bet365 at the time of publishing this article. For the list of latest odds for the match visit bet365.com.
Match odds: Espanyol (2.80) | Draw (3.80) | Almeria (2.25)
Over/Under goals (O/U): Under 2.5 (2.63) | Over 2.5 (1.50)
Both Teams To Score (O/U): BTTS No (2.63) | BTTS Yes (1.44)
Full Time Betting
In their last 10 matches at RCDE Stadium across all tournaments Espanyol won three times, drew three and lost four times. Almeria claimed one wins, two draw and seven defeats in their last 10 games away. Of the last 10 times Espanyol stepped out in front of their home crowd, “both teams to score” happened seven times. Both teams also scored in eight of the last 10 away games for Almeria.
Both Teams to Score
Espanyol took a hit when Almeria handed them a 3-1 defeat in their latest encounter. The former did win the reverse match though, as they secured three points to their name by claiming a 3-0 win. In the past ten matches between home side Espanyol and Almeria both teams found the back of the net four times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.44. Espanyol managed to score at least one goal in their last 4 encounters in the La Liga against Almeria. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet six times in the last ten matches between Almeria and Espanyol. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 2.63 with the bookies.
Over 2.5 goals happened five times in the past ten encounters between Espanyol and Almeria, with Espanyol scoring 1.5 goals on average per game. Almeria averaged 0.9 goals, while both teams scored four times. Over 2.5 goals happened in eight of Espanyol’s last ten home matches across the tournaments. They scored an average of 1.6 goals in the process. Over 2.5 goals came up in eight of Almeria’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.4 goals in these matches.