Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
The spotlight is on both Crystal Palace and Leicester City, as the Premier League rivals go looking to boost their points tally. They face each other on Saturday in the at Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace vs Leicester City Stats
- In the last 11 Crystal Palace matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Crystal Palace have not won the last 12 matches in a row
- Crystal Palace have lost the last 3 matches in a row without scoring a goal
- In 14 of the last 16 Crystal Palace home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 9 of the last 10 Crystal Palace matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Leicester have lost the last 5 matches in a row while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- In 10 of the last 11 Leicester away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Leicester have lost the last 5 matches in a row
- Leicester have conceded in 13 of the last 15 matches
- Leicester have not won the last 5 matches in a row
Crystal Palace vs Leicester City Squad lists
Crystal Palace Squad
The 39-year-old McCarthy will select the starting eleven against Leicester City from these players:
- Johnstone, Guaita, Richards, Tomkins, Andersen, Ward, Guehi, Ferguson, Clyne, Mitchell, Lokonga, Doucoure, Eze, Riedewald, McArthur, Schlupp, Milivojevic, Olise, Ahamada, Hughes, Mateta, Ayew, Edouard, Zaha.
Leicester City Squad
Here is the full team squad of Leicester City. The 50 year-old Brendan Rodgers will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Danny Ward, Timothy Castagne, Harvey Barnes, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Wout Faes, James Maddison, Youri Tielemans, Daniel Amartey, James Justin, Boubakary Soumare, Wilfred Ndidi, Jamie Vardy, Patson Daka, Jonny Evans, Luke Thomas, Harry Souttar, Kelechi Iheanacho, Nampalys Mendy, Tete, Dennis Praet, Victor Kristiansen, Ricardo Pereira, Daniel Iversen, Caglar Soyuncu, Alex Smithies, Jannik Vestergaard, Ryan Bertrand.
Crystal Palace vs Leicester City Lineups
Crystal Palace vs Leicester City Preview
Crystal Palace have had to endure a tough spell in their last three matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 0-1 by Manchester City, before Brighton ran out 1-0 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against Arsenal, who came out 4-1 winners. Crystal Palace did not win any of their last six Premier League matches at the Selhurst Park. They came through these matches with a record of four draws and two defeats, in which they conceded five and scored three goals. Crystal Palace had little luck scoring goals on home soil this season in the Premier League. No side managed fewer goals than the 12 they so far pulled off. Along the way, they allowed 18 goals against.
A single point prevents Leicester City from having nothing to show for their previous three games. They came up short, losing by 1-0 and 1-3 against Southampton and Chelsea, respectively. Their latest match brought some consolation, as they were able to hang on for a 1-1 draw against Brentford. Leicester City managed to win just once in their past six away games in the Premier League. On top of winning once they also drew one as well as losing four, while scoring 11 time and letting in six.
Crystal Palace vs Leicester City H2H
Leicester City didn’t lose any of their previous 7 games on the bounce against home side Crystal Palace. The most recent outing between Crystal Palace and Leicester City ended up a 0-0 draw. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.25. Leicester City look back on four wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Crystal Palace. The home side has a 30% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 3-3-4. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Premier League standings
Crystal Palace approach round 29 as number 12 in the Premier League table with 27 points on their account so far. With 28 rounds behind them, Leicester City have amassed 25 points, placing them as number 17 in the standings.
Full Time Betting
Crystal Palace won just one of their last 10 games at home, while drawing four. They lost five at Selhurst Park in this run of matches. Leicester City won four of their last 10 away games, whilst drawing one and losing five. Should Crystal Palace pull off a home win on Saturday, it could be an entertaining affair, since they only won zero games to nil in their last 10 attempts.
Both Teams to Score
Crystal Palace and Leicester City had to settle for a point each in their most recent match, which finished with a 0-0 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.25. Both teams scored five times in the previous ten matches between home side Crystal Palace and Leicester City. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.95. Leicester City managed at least one goal in 7 of their previous 8 Premier League matches against Crystal Palace. Both teams to score paid out five times in the previous ten matches between home side Crystal Palace and Leicester City. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.95.
Over 2.5 goals came out six times in the last ten encounters between these two teams. Crystal Palace managed an average of 1.5 goals, with Leicester City averaging 1.3 goals in these. Both teams to score was a winning bet five times in this run of matches. Over 2.5 goals happened in two of Crystal Palace’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 0.5 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came up in six of Leicester City’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.4 goals in these matches.