Chelsea vs Newcastle United – Predictions and Free Bets
Last Updated: May 27, 2023
The spotlight is on both Chelsea and Newcastle United, as the Premier League rivals go looking to boost their points tally. They face each other on Sunday in the at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea vs Newcastle United Stats
- In 21 of the last 23 Chelsea home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Chelsea have lost 7 of the last 9 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Chelsea have not won 11 of the last 12 matches
- Chelsea have conceded in 12 of the last 13 matches
- Chelsea have not won the last 7 home matches in a row
- Newcastle have conceded in 17 of the last 19 matches
- In the last 6 Newcastle away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Newcastle have not lost 11 of the last 13 matches
- In 8 of the last 10 Newcastle matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Newcastle have conceded in the last 9 away matches in a row
Chelsea vs Newcastle United Squad lists
The 44-year-old manager of Chelsea, Frank Lampard, will select the lineup against Newcastle United from the players listed below:
- Mendy, Slonina, Arrizabalaga, Bettinelli, Chilwell, Badiashile, Azpilicueta, Koulibaly, Cucurella, James, Silva, Chalobah, Fofana, Chukwuemeka, Pulisic, Gallagher, Zakaria, Fernandez, Ziyech, Havertz, Hall, Mount, Kovacic, Mudryk, Kanté, Madueke, Loftus-Cheek, Broja, Fofana, Felix, Aubameyang, Sterling.
Newcastle United Squad
Below is the full team squad of Newcastle United. The manager Howe will pick his starting XI against Chelsea from these players:
- Karius, Gillespie, Dubravka, Pope, Burn, Krafth, Schaer, Ashby, Lascelles, Lewis, Manquillo, Trippier, Targett, Dummett, Botman, Guimaraes, Anderson, Murphy, Willock, Ritchie, Longstaff, Almiron, Fraser, Longstaff, Isak, Saint-Maximin, Gordon, Wilson, Joelinton.
Chelsea vs Newcastle United Lineups
Chelsea vs Newcastle United Preview
A single point is all Chelsea can show for their efforts in the past three matches. They managed a 2-2 draw with Nottingham Forest, before getting trounced 1-0 against Manchester City while Manchester United won 4-1. Chelsea are without a win in their last six Premier League matches on home soil, which produced a record of three draws and three defeats, in which they conceded ten and scored five goals. Chelsea are among the three teams scoring the least goals at home in the Premier League this season. They managed 19 goals at Stamford Bridge, while conceding 18.
Newcastle United go into their upcoming match unbeaten in their previous three matches, which started off with a 2-2 draw against Leeds. They went on to beat Brighton by 4-1, before sharing the spoils with Leicester in a 0-0 draw. Newcastle United won four times in their last six away games in the Premier League, in which they drew once and lost once. They conceded nine goals while scoring 15 themselves. Newcastle United are among the 3 best away teams in the Premier League this season. They put eight wins on the board, scoring 31 goals whilst also conceding 18.
Chelsea vs Newcastle United H2H
Chelsea won all of their last 9 home matches against Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge. The last time these two sides facing off here came up against each other, Newcastle came away with a 1-0 win. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea have a 70% win rate in the against Newcastle United, who won three of these matches. The total record reads 7-0-3, which is worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Premier League standings
Full Time Betting
Newcastle United have been generous visitors, since they pulled only once clean sheet in their previous 10 away games. Chelsea managedthree clean sheets in their previous 10 matches played at home.
Both Teams to Score
Chelsea lost to 1-0 Newcastle United in their last encounter. This served as payback for the 1-0 win, which Chelsea dished out the match before that. In two of the previous ten matches between Chelsea and Newcastle United both teams scored.
Over 2.5 goals happened four times in the past ten encounters between Chelsea and Newcastle United, with Chelsea scoring 1.3 goals on average per game. Newcastle United averaged 0.7 goals, while both teams scored two times. Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in five of Chelsea’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 0.8 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in eight of the last ten outings for Newcastle United, who managed to score 2.6 times in those matches.