Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
Chelsea will be taking on visiting team Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge in a Premier League tie on Saturday.
Chelsea vs Aston Villa Stats
- In the last 16 Chelsea home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 18 of the last 20 Chelsea matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 9 Chelsea home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 7 of the last 9 Chelsea home matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In 9 of the last 10 Chelsea matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Aston Villa have scored in the last 12 matches in a row
- Aston Villa have scored in the last 9 away matches in a row
- In 5 of the last 6 Aston Villa away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In the last 3 Aston Villa matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 5 of the last 6 Aston Villa away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
Chelsea vs Aston Villa Squad lists
The 47-year-old Potter will select the starting eleven against Aston Villa from these players:
- Santos, Broja, Chilwell, Badiashile, Chukwuemeka, Azpilicueta, Pulisic, Gallagher, Fofana, Zakaria, Mendy, Fernandez, Slonina, Ziyech, Felix, Havertz, Koulibaly, Arrizabalaga, Hall, Cucurella, Bettinelli, Mount, Kovacic, Mudryk, Kanté, Madueke, Aubameyang, Sterling, James, Loftus-Cheek, Silva, Chalobah, Fofana.
Aston Villa Squad
Below is the full team squad of Aston Villa. The manager Emery will pick his starting XI against Chelsea from these players:
- Martinez, Steer, Zych, Olsen, Sinisalo, Young, Chambers, Carlos, Konsa, Dendoncker, Digne, Cash, Mings, Kamara, Luiz, Buendia, Ramsey, McGinn, Coutinho, Moreno, Traore, Duran, Bailey, Watkins.
Chelsea vs Aston Villa Lineups
Chelsea vs Aston Villa Preview
Chelsea collected seven points from their last three matches, as they ran out 2-0 and 1-3 winners against B. Dortmund and Leicester, respectively. Against Everton, they had to settle for a draw after a 2-2 draw. In their last six Premier League home matches, Chelsea have two wins, while they’ve drawn two and lost two. They scored four and conceded four goals.
Aston Villa look in good shape before their upcoming match as they seek to remain unbeaten. In their last three matches, they first beat Crystal Palace by 1-0, before drawing 1-1 with West Ham. They were back as winners last time out, when they took out Bournemouth by a 3-0 scoreline. Aston Villa won four times in their last six away games in the Premier League, in which they drew once and lost once. They conceded five goals while scoring nine themselves.
Chelsea vs Aston Villa H2H
Chelsea lost only once in 11 recent games against Aston Villa. Chelsea won the last two meetings against Aston Villa, as they followed up a 3-1 win by beating their upcoming opponent by a 2-0 score. Chelsea enjoy a good 8-1-1 advantage against Aston Villa, and the bookies best betting odds on a home win are at 1.60.
Current Premier League standings
Full Time Betting
Chelsea claimed a modest four wins from their previous 10 home matches across all tournaments. They split the points with the visiting team in two of the games, whilst losing four. Aston Villa won five of their last 10 games away, drew one and lost four of the games in this run. Chelsea claimed three modest wins from their previous 10 league outings, whereas Aston Villa managed to win five times from a possible 10.
Both Teams to Score
Chelsea won the last two meetings against Aston Villa, as they followed up a 3-1 win by beating their upcoming opponent by a 2-0 score. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the past ten matches between home side Chelsea and Aston Villa. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.95. Chelsea scored at least once in 17 of their 18 most recent encounters in the Premier League against Aston Villa. In six of the previous ten matches between Chelsea and Aston Villa both teams scored.
Both teams scored six times in the last ten encounters between Chelsea and Aston Villa, while over 2.5 goals came out seven times. Chelsea scored 2.2 goals on average, while Aston Villa pulled 0.7 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals happened in two of Chelsea’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 0.9 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten games for Aston Villa, who scored 1.6 times on average in those matches.