Celtic vs Rangers – Predictions and Free Bets
Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 9, 2023
Celtic take on visitors Rangers at Celtic Park in a Premiership tie on Saturday.
Celtic vs Rangers Stats
- Celtic have won the last 14 matches in a row while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Celtic have scored in the last 31 matches in a row
- Celtic have won the last 14 matches in a row
- Celtic have won the last 11 home matches in a row while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Celtic have not lost the last 19 matches in a row
- Rangers have scored in the last 25 matches in a row
- Rangers have won 18 of the last 20 matches
- Rangers have not lost 21 of the last 22 matches
- Rangers have won 12 of the last 14 matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Rangers have not lost the last 10 away matches in a row
Celtic vs Rangers Squad lists
The 57-year-old coach of the home team, Ange Postecoglou, will select the lineup against Rangers from this squad:
- Benjamin Siegrist, Conor Hazard, Joe Hart, Scott Bain, Alexandro Bernabei, Alistair Johnston, Anthony Ralston, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Carl Starfelt, Stephen Welsh, Yuki Kobayashi, Aaron Mooy, Ben Summers, Callum McGregor, Dane Murray, David Turnbull, Greg Taylor, James Forrest, James McCarthy, Matthew O’Riley, Owen Moffat, Reo Hatate, Sead Haksabanovic, Daizen Maeda, Hyun-Gyu Oh, Jota, Kyogo Furuhashi, Liel Abada, Tomoki Iwata.
Listed below is the full squad of Rangers players that the manager Michael Beale will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Devine, Lowry, Morelos, McGregor, Colak, Davies, Barisic, Goldson, Sakala, Helander, Kamara, Hagi, Tavernier, Lundstram, Souttar, McLaughlin, Roofe, King, Tillman, Raskin, Ofoborh, Niso, Matondo, Yilmaz, McCrorie, Jack, Kent, Arfield, Wright, Davis, Cantwell, Lawrence.
Celtic vs Rangers Lineups
Celtic vs Rangers Preview
Celtic are enjoying their football currently with three wins on the bounce, and it began with a 3-1 win against Hearts. They went on to beat Hibernian by 3-1, before also getting the better of Ross County in a 0-2 victory. Celtic took six wins in their last six Premiership matches on home soil, as they scored 19 and let in two goals. No team won as many matches on home soil than Celtic did so far in the Premiership this season. A total of 15 matches at the Celtic Park finished with a home win.
Rangers are in awesome shape going into this next encounter, as they won their last three matches on the bounce. Hibernian got left behind in a 1-4 win, before Motherwell got hammered in a 2-4 victory. Dundee United was the most recent victim in a 2-0 win for Rangers. Rangers bulldozed their way to six wins in six Premiership away matches, which naturally is the best possible outcome for any side currently in this division. They outscored their opponents by 19 goals to five along the way. Rangers are among the 2 best away teams in the Premiership this season. They put 11 wins on the board, scoring 35 goals whilst also conceding 18.
Celtic vs Rangers H2H
Rangers have been uncomfortable against their next opponent in recent meetings, as they are without a win in 5 games against Celtic. It finished all square on when Celtic last faced Rangers. With both denying to back down, the scoreboard said 2-2 in the end. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 4.20. Neither side have been the dominant force in recent meetings between Celtic and Rangers, as Rangers won four of the last ten Matches, while Celtic won four matches of these ten encounters. The bookies have Rangers to win this match at best price odds of 4.33.
Current Premiership standings
Celtic have taken the lead in the Premiership after collecting 85 points from their initial 30 encounters. Rangers trail by nine points after 30 rounds, leaving them as number 2 in the table on 76 points.
Full Time Betting
Celtic claimed ten wins in their previous 10 matches at Celtic Park across all tournaments. They lost zero as well, while visitors Rangers won nine of their last 10 away matches. They drew one and lost zero. Of the previous 10 outings away from home, Rangers scored the opening goal six times, whereas their hosts were first on target in eight of their last 10 games on home soil.
Both Teams to Score
Their latest encounter was a belter of a game, which finished with a 2-2 scoreline. An uncommon result, but we would not mind a similar goal fest this coming Saturday. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the past ten matches between home side Celtic and Rangers. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.67. Celtic managed to score at least one goal in their last 5 encounters in the Premiership against Rangers. Of the last ten encounters between Celtic Rangers over 2.5 goals came out five times. Odds on over 2.5 goals are at 1.67 with bookies.
Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet five times in the past ten encounters between Celtic and Rangers, with the latter scoring 1.3 goals on average in these. Celtic managed an average of 1.4 goals as both teams scored five times in this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in nine of Celtic’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 3.4 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in nine of the last ten outings for Rangers, who managed to score 2.8 times in those matches.