Last Updated: September 15, 2023
The Premiership game at Celtic Park this coming Saturday sees visitors Dundee FC facing home side Celtic.
Celtic vs Dundee FC Stats
- Celtic have not lost the last 20 home matches in a row
- Celtic have scored in 24 of the last 25 home matches
- In 9 of the last 11 home matches Celtic played, both teams scored
- In the last 3 Celtic matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- Celtic have not lost 11 of the last 13 matches
- Dundee FC have not lost 21 of the last 23 matches
- Dundee FC have scored in 16 of the last 18 matches
- Dundee FC have not lost 12 of the last 14 away matches
- In 9 of the last 11 Dundee FC matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Dundee FC have scored in 10 of the last 11 away matches
Celtic vs Dundee FC Squad lists
The 50-year-old Rodgers will select the starting eleven against Dundee FC from these players:
- Benjamin Siegrist (31), Joe Hart (1), Scott Bain (29), Alexandro Bernabei (25), Alistair Johnston (2), Anthony Ralston (56), Cameron Carter-Vickers (20), Gustaf Lagerbielke (4), Maik Nawrocki (17), Nathaniel Phillips (6), Stephen Welsh (57), Yuki Kobayashi (18), Callum McGregor (42), David Turnbull (14), Greg Taylor (3), Hyeok-Kyu Kwon (22), James Forrest (49), James McCarthy (16), Liam Scales (5), Luis Palma (7), Matthew O’Riley (33), Odin Thiago Holm (15), Paulo Bernardo (28), Reo Hatate (41), Daizen Maeda (38), Hyun-Gyu Oh (19), Hyun-Jun Yang (13), Kyogo Furuhashi (8), Liel Abada (11), Marco Tilio (23), Michael Johnston (90), Tomoki Iwata (24).
Dundee FC Squad
Below is the full team squad of Dundee FC. The manager Docherty will pick his starting XI against Celtic from these players:
- Adam Legzdins (1), Trevor Carson (31), Aaron Donnelly (25), Cameron Kerr (2), Joe Shaughnessy (5), Jordan McGhee (6), Lee Ashcroft (14), Owen Beck (3), Ricki Lamie (12), Tyler French (4), Charlie Reilly (18), Finlay Robertson (19), Josh Mulligan (15), Juan Portales (29), Luke McCowan (17), Lyall Cameron (10), Malachi Boateng (23), Marcel Lewis, Mohamad Sylla (28), Ryan Howley, Amadou Bakayoko (9), Diego Pineda (11), Scott Tiffoney (7), Zach Robinson (16), Zak Rudden (20).
Celtic vs Dundee FC Lineups
Celtic vs Dundee FC Preview
In their last three matches, Celtic won 1-3 against Aberdeen, before settling for a point in a 0-0 draw against St. Johnstone. They were back on top last time out, defeating Rangers 0-1. Defending champion Celtic are understandably favourites to claim the title again, and they will be motivated to get a good start of the season. Celtic won three of their previous six matches at Celtic Park in the Premiership. They drew three as well, but suffered no defeats, scoring 15 goals to seven against.
Dundee FC claimed four points from a possible nine in their last three matches across all tournaments, which opened with a defeat 2-1 against St. Mirren. A 1-0 win followed against Hearts, before drawing 2-2 with St. Johnstone. Celtic have one eye on the big prize, although a spot in the top two looks the safer bet as the Premiership gets rolling. Dundee FC didn’t manage a single away win in their last six Premiership matches, but managed two draws, while suffering four defeats. They conceded 11 and scored six goals themselves.
Celtic vs Dundee FC H2H
Dundee FC have been uncomfortable against their next opponent in recent meetings, as they are without a win in 35 games against Celtic. Celtic had a good reading on Dundee FC in their last two meetings, which they won by 4-2 and 3-2, respectively. Celtic were ruthless against Dundee FC in recent meetings, and will be looking to keep their run going. The home side beat their coming visitors nine times in ten encounters. The bookmakers have another win for the home side best priced at 1.11.
Current Premiership standings
Celtic currently rank as number 1 in the Premiership table, having ten points after four matches. Dundee FC trail them by five points, leaving the latter ranked at number 6. Celtic have piled up ten points from the first four matches played. This puts them at number 1 in the Premiership table, with Dundee FC having five points less to show off. This qualifies the latter to a ranking as number 6.
Full Time Betting
Celtic Park saw six wins for Celtic in their last 10 here across all tournaments. They also drew four and lost zero, while Dundee FC won seven of their 10 most recent outings on their travels, whilst drawing one and losing two. Goals are usually flowing for Celtic on home soil these days, and at both ends of pitch. Both teams found the back of the net in eight of their last 10 matches here. In contrast, both teams to score happened six times for Dundee FC in their last 10 league games away from home.
Both Teams to Score
Celtic hope to extend their grip on Dundee FC, whom they outclassed in their last two meetings, winning 4-2 and 3-2, respectively. Both teams to score only came out three times in the previous ten games between Dundee FC and Celtic. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.67 with the bookies. Celtic managed to score at least one goal in their last 6 encounters in the Premiership against Dundee FC. Both teams to score only came out three times in the previous ten games between Dundee FC and Celtic. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.67 with the bookies.
The last ten encounters between Celtic and Dundee FC saw over 2.5 goals scored six times, with Celtic averaging 2.7 goals a game. Dundee FC scored 0.5 goals on average in these, as both teams scored three times in this run. Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in five of Celtic’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 2.1 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in three of Dundee FC’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.2 goals in these matches.