Last Updated: May 27, 2023
Aberdeen hope to close the gap a little on Premiership leaders Celtic, when they face off Celtic Park in a round 38 match on Saturday.
Celtic vs Aberdeen Stats
- Celtic have scored in 43 of the last 45 home matches
- Celtic have scored in 39 of the last 40 matches
- Celtic have not lost 26 of the last 28 matches
- Celtic have not lost the last 14 home matches in a row
- Celtic have won 12 of the last 14 home matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Aberdeen have conceded in 17 of the last 19 away matches
- In the last 9 Aberdeen matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Aberdeen have not lost 9 of the last 11 matches
- In 6 of the last 8 Aberdeen matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Aberdeen have scored in 9 of the last 11 matches
Celtic vs Aberdeen Squad lists
The 57-year-old manager of Celtic, Ange Postecoglou, will select the lineup against Aberdeen from the players listed below:
- Benjamin Siegrist, Conor Hazard, Joe Hart, Scott Bain, Alexandro Bernabei, Alistair Johnston, Anthony Ralston, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Carl Starfelt, Stephen Welsh, Yuki Kobayashi, Aaron Mooy, Ben Summers, Callum McGregor, Dane Murray, David Turnbull, Greg Taylor, James Forrest, James McCarthy, Matthew O’Riley, Owen Moffat, Reo Hatate, Sead Haksabanovic, Daizen Maeda, Hyun-Gyu Oh, Jota, Kyogo Furuhashi, Liel Abada, Tomoki Iwata.
Here is the full team squad of Aberdeen. The 44 year-old Barry Robson will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Bavidge, MacDonald, Miovski, Anderson, Roberts, Barron, Markanday, Duk, Marshall, Shinnie, Coulson, MacKenzie, Gorter, Richardson, Lewis, Hayes, Roos, Hanratty, Clarkson, Harvey, Scales, Watkins, Kennedy, Pollock, Myslovic, McCrorie, Duncan, Morris, Ritchie, Ramadani.
Celtic vs Aberdeen Lineups
Celtic vs Aberdeen Preview
A draw is the best Celtic can show from their last three games, where they came up short in a 3-0 defeat against Rangers. A2-2 draw with St. Mirren followed before they were defeated 4-2 by Hibernian. In their last six Premiership home matches, Celtic have four wins, while they’ve drawn two and lost none. They scored 16 and conceded seven goals. Celtic rank among the 2 best home sides this season in the Premiership so far, claiming 16 wins at Celtic Park. They scored 53 times along the way, whilst conceding 14 goals.
Aberdeen claimed four points in their last three matches, starting by a 0-0 draw with Hibernian. A 2-1 defeat against Hearts was next up, before beating St. Mirren by 3-0. Aberdeen won half their previous six away matches in the Premiership, as well as seeing zero draws and suffering three defeats. They scored six goals whilst conceding eight. Aberdeen have been terrible at getting on the scoresheet away from home in the Premiership. Hitting the target only 15 times, they have the worst offensive record so far, whilst also allowing 41 goals against.
Celtic vs Aberdeen H2H
Celtic booked a win in 6 home matches on the bounce against Aberdeen at Celtic Park. Celtic celebrated a 4-0 win in their most recent meeting with their upcoming opponent. Are we in for something similar at Celtic Park on Saturday? Celtic have a 8-2-0 advantage over Aberdeen, whom they beat 4-0, the last time they faced each other. The bookmakers have the hosts to win this match at best price odds of 1.20.
Current Premiership standings
Celtic have taken the lead in the Premiership after collecting 96 points from their initial 37 encounters. Aberdeen trail by 39 points after 37 rounds, leaving them as number 3 in the table on 57 points.
Full Time Betting
Celtic are undefeated in the previous 10 matches at Celtic Park, winning eight along the way while drawing two. Aberdeen won three of their previous 10 games away from home across all tournaments, in which they drew zero and lost seven. Celtic have been good at forcing themselves upon their visitors, as they scored the opening goal in seven of their previous 10 matches at Celtic Park. Aberdeen scored the first goal in five of their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
Celtic won the last two meetings against Aberdeen, as they followed up a 1-0 win by beating their upcoming opponent by a 4-0 score. Both teams scored five times in the previous ten matches between home side Celtic and Aberdeen. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.75. Celtic managed to score at least one goal in their last 14 encounters in the Premiership against Aberdeen. Over 2.5 goals came out five times in the last ten matches between Celtic and Aberdeen. Odds on under 2.5 goals are at 3.50 with bookies.
Celtic managed an average of two goals in the past ten encounters against Aberdeen, who scored 0.8 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals happened five times, while both teams scored five times. Over 2.5 goals came out six times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Celtic, who scored an average of two goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of the last ten outings for Aberdeen, who managed to score 1.6 times in those matches.