Author: Josh Stewart
Last Updated: January 9, 2023
Villarreal will visit Abanca Balaidos on Friday for a La Liga fixture with home side Celta Vigo.
How to Live Stream Celta Vigo vs Villarreal this coming Friday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various La Liga matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Celta Vigo vs Villarreal may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Click on this link.
‘Join now’ and enter details.
Log in and fund your account.
Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
* Geo-restrictions apply; 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Celta Vigo vs Villarreal on TV
UK: Premier Sports, ITV
Celta Vigo vs Villarreal Match Preview
16th-placed Celta Vigo are in decent shape before their next match, in which they aim to extend their three-match unbeaten run. Against Sevilla, the match finished 1-1, before another draw followed, this time 1-1 with Espanyol. They were too strong for Elche, claiming a 0-1 win. Celta Vigo only pulled off two wins from a possible six in recent La Liga matches on home soil. Of the remaining four matches, they drew two and lost two, as they scored eight and conceded six goals.
Villarreal look fabulous with three wins on the trot, starting off against Valencia, who were defeated 2-1. Then, Cartagena got outclassed in a 1-5 win, before beating Real Madrid by 2-1. In their last six La Liga away matches, Villarreal failed to win more than once. Instead, they’ve drawn one and lost four, scoring one while also conceding six times.
Celta Vigo vs Villarreal Team Stats
- Celta Vigo have scored in the last 12 home matches in a row
- In the last 6 home matches in a row Celta Vigo played, both teams scored
- Celta Vigo have scored in 12 of the last 13 matches
- In 7 of the last 8 Celta Vigo home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Celta Vigo have not lost 7 of the last 8 matches
- Villarreal have lost the last 4 matches in a row and both teams scored at the same time
- Villarreal have won 8 of the last 9 matches
- In 6 of the last 7 matches Villarreal played, both teams scored
- Villarreal have won 7 of the last 8 away matches
- In 7 of the last 8 Villarreal matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
Celta Vigo vs Villarreal Squad Lists
Celta Vigo Squad
The 57-year-old manager of Celta Vigo, Carlos Carvalhal, will select the lineup against Villarreal from the players listed below:
- Agustin Marchesin, Coke Carrillo, Ivan Villar.
- Carlos Dominguez, Hugo Mallo, Joseph Aidoo, Kevin Vazquez, Martin Conde, Oscar Mingueza, Roberto Costa, Unai Nunez.
- Augusto Solari, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Gabriel Veiga, Hugo Alvarez, Javi Galan, Luca de la Torre, Oscar Rodriguez, Renato Tapia, Williot Swedberg.
- Carles Perez, Fran Lopez, Franco Cervi, Goncalo Paciencia, Iago Aspas, Joergen Strand Larsen, Miguel Rodriguez, Pablo Duran.
Here is the full team squad of Villarreal. The 64-year-old Quique Setien will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Filip Joergensen, Iker Alvarez, Pepe Reina.
- Aissa Mandi, Alberto Moreno, Jorge Cuenca, Juan Foyth, Kiko, Pau Torres, Raul Albiol.
- Alejandro Baena, Arnaut Danjuma, Daniel Parejo, Etienne Capoue, Francis Coquelin, Giovani Lo Celso, Johan Mojica, Manu Morlanes, Manuel Trigueros, Samuel Chukwueze.
- Alfonso Pedraza, Gerard Moreno, Javi Ontiveros, Jose Luis Morales, Nicolas Jackson, Yeremi Pino.
Celta Vigo vs Villarreal H2H
The last time the pair played each other, Villarreal came out the other side as 1-0 winners and surely won’t mind a repeat of that result. Celta Vigo go into their upcoming match against Villarreal with a 40% winning record in recent meetings. This gives them a 4-1-5 record in the latest encounters with their next opponent. A record worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Full Time Betting
Abanca Balaidos witnessed Celta Vigo winning three times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing four and losing three as well. Villarreal claimed seven wins, zero draws and three defeats in their last 10 games away. You can’t necessarily trust Celta Vigo to get the first goal of the match when playing at Abanca Balaidos. They managed to score the opener five times in 10 games on home soil. Villarreal got the first goal of the game in six of their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
The last time these two teams squared up, Villarreal ran out 1-0 winners which they surely won’t mind doing again at Abanca Balaidos. Both teams scored six times in the previous ten matches between home side Celta Vigo and Villarreal. Best-priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.80.
Over 3.5 goals happened six times in the last ten encounters between these two rivals. Celta Vigo managed an average of 1.5 goals, with Villarreal averaging 1.9 goals. Both teams to score was a winning bet six times in this run of matches. Over 2.5 goals came out six times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Celta Vigo, who scored an average of 1.8 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals came out in eight of the last 10 matches Villarreal played across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of three goals themselves during this run.