Cardiff vs West Bromwich Albion – Prediction
Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: March 15, 2023
Cardiff welcome West Bromwich Albion for a clah in the Championship at Cardiff City Stadium this coming Wednesday.
Cardiff vs West Bromwich Albion Stats
- In 7 of the last 8 Cardiff matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Cardiff have won 3 of the last 4 matches without conceding a goal
- In 7 of the last 8 Cardiff matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 6 of the last 8 Cardiff home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Cardiff have not lost 7 of the last 9 home matches
- West Bromwich have lost 3 of the last 4 away matches without scoring a goal
- West Bromwich have lost the last 5 away matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 9 West Bromwich matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 6 of the last 7 West Bromwich matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- West Bromwich have conceded in 10 of the last 11 away matches
Cardiff vs West Bromwich Albion Squad lists
Lamouchi will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against West Bromwich Albion from the players listed below:
- Jak Alnwick, Lewys Benjamin, Rohan Luthra, Ryan Allsopp, Cedric Kipre, Gavin Whyte, Jack Simpson, Jamilu Collins, Joel Bagan, Mahlon Romeo, Mark McGuinness, Oliver Denham, Perry Ng, Vontae Daley-Campbell, Andy Rinomhota, Callum O’Dowda, Ebou Adams, Jaden Philogene-Bidace, Joe Ralls, Joel Colwill, Romaine Sawyers, Rubin Colwill, Sheyi Ojo, Tom Sang, Callum Robinson, Connor Wickham, Isaak Davies, Kion Etete, Mark Harris, Morgan Wigley, Ryan Wintle, Sory Kaba.
West Bromwich Albion Squad
This is the full squad of players that the West Bromwich Albion head coach Corberan will select from for his starting XI:
- Reach, Palmer, Thomas-Asante, Townsend, O’Shea, Furlong, Dike, Button, Pieters, Diangana, Livermore, Molumby, Wallace, Swift, Grant, Bryan, Bartley, Albrighton, Phillips, Chalobah, Yokuslu, Ajayi, Gardner-Hickman, Rogic.
Cardiff vs West Bromwich Albion Lineups
Cardiff vs West Bromwich Albion Preview
It is all or nothing with Cardiff presently. They first went down 2-0 in an encounter with Norwich, to which they replied by beating Bristol City2-0. Their latest encounter once again had them on the losing side, when they lost 2-0 against Preston. Cardiff claimed a modest two wins in their past six home matches in the Championship. They also drew two and lost two, scored five goals and conceded five. Cardiff are among the three teams scoring the least goals at home in the Championship this season. They managed 15 goals at Cardiff City Stadium, while conceding 16.
West Bromwich Albion look back on their last three matches with six points to show for their efforts. Against Hull, they were left empty-handed in a 2-0 defeat, but they bounced back by beating Wigan in a 1-0 win. They followed that up with a 1-0 win against Huddersfield in their most recent outing. West Bromwich Albion won twice, while also recording zero draws, and four defeats in their last six away matches in the Championship. The scoreline from these matches says 11 goals conceded and eight scored.
Cardiff vs West Bromwich Albion H2H
Betting on the draw would have earned you a sound profit the last time Cardiff played West Bromwich Albion. The pair split the points in a 0-0 match, where no one managed to get the upper hand. West Bromwich Albion look back on three wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Cardiff. The home side has a 20% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 2-5-3. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Full Time Betting
Cardiff City Stadium witnessed Cardiff winning three times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing four and losing three as well. West Bromwich Albion claimed three wins, one draw and six defeats in their last 10 games away. West Bromwich Albion managed just three clean sheets in their last 10 away matches, while Cardiff pulled off one clean sheets in their last 10 matches Cardiff City Stadium.
Both Teams to Score
Cardiff and West Bromwich Albion had to settle for a point each in their most recent match, which finished with a 0-0 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.20. In the past ten matches between home side Cardiff and West Bromwich Albion both teams found the back of the net five times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.91. In five of the previous ten matches between Cardiff and West Bromwich Albion both teams scored.
Both teams not to score was a winning bet five times in the last ten encounters between Cardiff and West Bromwich Albion as under 2.5 goals happened four times. Cardiff scored an average of 1.1 goals a game, with West Bromwich Albion averaging 1.5 goals in this run. Cardiff saw over 2.5 goals in two of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 0.8 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in three of the last ten outings for West Bromwich Albion, who managed to score 0.9 times in those matches.