Last Updated: September 15, 2023
Cardiff will be hosting a Cardiff City Stadium encounter on Saturday when Swansea arrive for a test of their credentials.
Cardiff vs Swansea Stats
- In the last 7 matches in a row Cardiff played, both teams scored
- Cardiff have scored in the last 10 home matches in a row
- In the last 7 Cardiff matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 8 of the last 10 home matches Cardiff played, both teams scored
- In 9 of the last 11 Cardiff home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 5 matches in a row Swansea played, both teams scored
- Swansea have lost the last 3 matches in a row and both teams scored at the same time
- Swansea have scored in the last 8 matches in a row
- Swansea have not won 9 of the last 11 matches
- Swansea have lost the last 3 matches in a row and the sum of goals was over 2.5
Cardiff vs Swansea Squad lists
The 48-year-old manager of Cardiff, Erol Bulut, will select the lineup against Swansea from the players listed below:
- Jak Alnwick (21), Runar Alex Runarsson (13), Dimitrios Goutas (4), Jack Simpson (26), Jamilu Collins (17), Jonathan Panzo, Mahlon Romeo (2), Mark McGuinness (5), Perry Ng (38), Vontae Daley-Campbell, Aaron Ramsey (10), Andy Rinomhota (35), Callum O’Dowda (11), Ebou Adams (18), Joe Ralls (8), Josh Bowler (14), Kieron Evans (25), Manolis Siopis (23), Romaine Sawyers (19), Rubin Colwill (27), Yakou Meite (22), Callum Robinson (47), Ike Ugbo (12), Karlan Grant (16), Kion Etete (9), Ollie Tanner (32), Ryan Wintle (6).
Here is the full team squad of Swansea. The 45 year-old Michael Duff will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Andrew Fisher (1), Carl Rushworth (22), Azeem Abdulai, Ben Cabango (5), Filip Lissah, Harrison Ashby (30), Harry Darling (6), Josh Tymon (14), Kristian Pedersen (3), Kyle Naughton (26), Nathan Tjoe-A-On (21), Nathan Wood (23), Nathanael Ogbeta (15), Cameron Congreve (45), Charlie Patino (18), Jay Fulton (4), Joe Allen (7), Josh Key (2), Liam Walsh (28), Matt Grimes (8), Oliver Cooper (31), Jamal Lowe (10), Jamie Paterson (12), Jerry Yates (9), Josh Ginnelly (11), Liam Cullen (20), Mykola Kukharevych (19).
Cardiff vs Swansea Lineups
Cardiff vs Swansea Preview
Cardiff are looking to bounce back from a recent setback and get back to winning ways. In their last three matches, they first took out Sheffield Wednesday by 2-1, before beating Birmingham by 1-3. The winning streak came to an end against Ipswich, who ran out 3-2 winners. A top half finish is the dream for Cardiff, but neutral spectators have them down for a season in the lower end of the Championship. Cardiff only managed one meagre home win from a possible six at Cardiff City Stadium in the Championship. They also drew one and lost four of these six encounters, in which they scored seven and conceded ten goals.
Swansea lost their previous three matches by 2-1 against Preston, 2-3 against Bournemouth and 1-2 against Bristol City. Swansea go into the season with the clear aim of a top half finish, and if they can build some momentum early on, perhaps even throw their hat in the ring for a place in an international tournament. Swansea managed a decent return of three wins in their last six Championship away matches, in which they scored 12 while also conceding eight times. They also experienced one draw and two defeats. Swansea are among the 1 worst away teams in the Championship, with a gloomy zero points collected on their travels. They managed to score three times, while also conceding five.
Cardiff vs Swansea H2H
Swansea ran out winners in 5 of their last 6 matches against Cardiff. Swansea ended up winning 2-3 in the most recent meeting between these two rivals. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Cardiff City Stadium., when they once again face Cardiff. In total, they have played six matches in past seasons with Swansea running away with most of the points. They won five encounters, with Cardiff stealing all 3 points in one match. Naturally, the last zero games ended all square. The bookies have Swansea to win this match at best price odds of 2.80.
Current Championship standings
The two teams enter the match at Cardiff City Stadium with two points separating them in the Championship standings.
Full Time Betting
Cardiff City Stadium witnessed Cardiff winning four times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing four and losing two as well. Swansea claimed four wins, one draw and five defeats in their last 10 games away. Strap yourselves up for a goals at Cardiff City Stadium since both teams scored in eight of the last 10 home matches for Cardiff. The same occurred in five of the last 10 league games away from home for Swansea.
Both Teams to Score
The last time the pair played each other Swansea came away as 2-3 winners, and rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind on Saturday. Swansea scored at least once in their last 4 Championship matches against Cardiff. In the last ten matches between Cardiff and Swansea, both teams to score came up one time.
Less than three came out three times in the past ten encounters between Swansea and Cardiff, as both teams not to score was a winning bet nine times. Cardiff performed 0.4 goals on average, whereas Swansea averaged 1.6 goals. In their previous ten matches across all tournaments Cardiff saw over 2.5 goals scored eight times, and they scored 1.3 goals on average during this run. In the previous ten matches for Swansea, betting on over 2.5 goals turned out to be a winning bet in six of them. On average, Swansea scored 1.5 times goals per game.