Last Updated: September 18, 2023
Cardiff vs Coventry Stats
- Cardiff have scored in the last 11 home matches in a row
- In 7 of the last 8 matches Cardiff played, both teams scored
- In 7 of the last 8 Cardiff matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 10 of the last 12 Cardiff home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 6 of the last 8 home matches Cardiff played, both teams scored
- Coventry have scored in the last 12 away matches in a row
- In the last 7 away matches in a row Coventry played, both teams scored
- Coventry have not lost 16 of the last 18 away matches
- Coventry have scored in 18 of the last 20 matches
- In 8 of the last 10 matches Coventry played, both teams scored
Cardiff vs Coventry Squad lists
The 48-year-old manager of Cardiff, Erol Bulut, will select the lineup against Coventry from the players listed below:
- Jak Alnwick (21), Runar Alex Runarsson (13), Dimitrios Goutas (4), Jack Simpson (26), Jamilu Collins (17), Jonathan Panzo, Mahlon Romeo (2), Mark McGuinness (5), Perry Ng (38), Vontae Daley-Campbell, Aaron Ramsey (10), Andy Rinomhota (35), Callum O’Dowda (11), Ebou Adams (18), Joe Ralls (8), Josh Bowler (14), Kieron Evans (25), Manolis Siopis (23), Romaine Sawyers (19), Rubin Colwill (27), Yakou Meite (22), Callum Robinson (47), Ike Ugbo (12), Karlan Grant (16), Kion Etete (9), Ollie Tanner (32), Ryan Wintle (6).
This is the full squad of players that the Coventry head coach Robins will select from for his starting XI:
- Ben Wilson (13), Bradley Collins (40), Simon Moore (1), Bobby Thomas (4), Jake Bidwell (21), Jamie Allen (8), Jay Dasilva (3), Joel Latibeaudiere (22), Josh Eccles (28), Kyle McFadzean (5), Liam Kitching, Luis Binks (2), Milan van Ewijk (27), Ben Sheaf (14), Justin Obikwu, Kasey Palmer (45), Liam Kelly (6), Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (7), Yasin Ayari, Bassala Sambou, Callum O’Hare (10), Ellis Simms (9), Fabio Tavares (30), Haji Wright (11), Matt Godden (24).
Cardiff vs Coventry Lineups
Cardiff vs Coventry Preview
Cardiff added two wins to their account in their three most recent outings, as they beat Birmingham by 1-3. Their next match left them empty-handed in a 3-2 defeat against Ipswich, followed up by a 2-0 win against Swansea. Cardiff’s priority for this season will be to stay clear of the relegation zone, while challenging for a spot in the upper half of the Championship. In their last six Championship home matches, Cardiff have two wins, while they’ve drawn one and lost three. They scored seven and conceded seven goals.
Having collected three points from their previous three matches without winning, Coventry are on the lookout for a win again. Against Sunderland, they settled for a 0-0 draw, before splitting the points with Watford in a 3-3 draw. In their latest match, they once again had to settle for a single point after drawing 1-1 against Hull. Coventry hope to be contesting for a place in an international tournament in a season, where a top half finish looks like the minimum outcome. Coventry only have one paltry win to show from the last six away games in the Championship. In these six matches they drew four and lost one as well as being outscored by six goals to six. No team won fewer matches away from home than Coventry did so far in the Championship this season. A total of zero matches were won on their travels.
Cardiff vs Coventry H2H
Cardiff and Coventry had to make do with a point each in their latest encounter, which finished with a 0-0 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.30. Coventry look back on three wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Cardiff. The home side has a 40% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 4-3-3. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Placed 16 in the table Cardiff have amassed seven points after six matches. On seven points, Coventry rank 15 with six matches played this season.
Full Time Betting
Cardiff City Stadium witnessed Cardiff winning five times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing three and losing two as well. Coventry claimed four wins, four draw and two defeats in their last 10 games away. Cardiff should go full-on attack at Cardiff City Stadium, as Coventry don’t have the best record, when it comes to conceding. They managed just three clean sheets in their 10 most recent away matches. The hosts claimed two clean sheets in their last 10 matches at home.
Both Teams to Score
It finished all square when Cardiff last faced Coventry. With both denying to back down, the scoreboard said 0-0 in the end. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.30. Both teams scored four times in the previous ten matches between home side Cardiff and Coventry. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.80. In the 4 most recent Championship encounters between Cardiff and Coventry there were under 2.5 goals. Both teams to score paid out four times in the previous ten matches between home side Cardiff and Coventry. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.80.
Both teams not to score was a winning bet six times in the last ten encounters between Cardiff and Coventry as under 2.5 goals happened three times. Cardiff scored an average of 1.2 goals a game, with Coventry averaging 0.8 goals in this run. In their last ten matches across all tournaments, Cardiff saw eight of them finish with more than 2.5 goals, with themselves scoring an average of 1.5 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came out as a winning bet in six of the previous ten outings for Coventry, who were on target an average of 1.8 times times per game.