Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: May 8, 2023
The spotlight is on both Burnley and Cardiff, as the Championship rivals go looking to boost their points tally. They face each other this coming Monday in the at Turf Moor.
Burnley vs Cardiff Stats
- Burnley have not lost 25 of the last 26 home matches
- Burnley have not lost 25 of the last 27 matches
- Burnley have scored in 30 of the last 31 home matches
- In 11 of the last 12 Burnley home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 7 of the last 8 Burnley matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 8 of the last 9 matches Cardiff played, both teams scored
- Cardiff have conceded in the last 10 matches in a row
- In the last 4 away matches in a row Cardiff played, both teams scored
- Cardiff have conceded in 10 of the last 11 away matches
- In the last 4 Cardiff away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
Burnley vs Cardiff Squad lists
Kompany will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Cardiff from the players listed below:
- Al Dakhil, Zaroury, Muric, Barnes, Peacock-Farrell, Taylor, Roberts, Churlinov, Franchi, Dervisoglu, Ekdal, Maatsen, Cork, Rodriguez, Gudmundsson, Brownhill, Cullen, Beyer, Foster, Benson, Obafemi, Tella, Bastien, Twine, Harwood-Bellis, Vitinho.
Below is the full team squad of Cardiff. The manager Lamouchi will pick his starting XI against Burnley from these players:
- Andy Rinomhota, Callum O’Dowda, Callum Robinson, Cedric Kipre, Connor Wickham, Ebou Adams, Gavin Whyte, Isaak Davies, Jack Simpson, Jaden Philogene-Bidace, Jak Alnwick, Jamilu Collins, Joe Ralls, Joel Bagan, Joel Colwill, Kion Etete, Lewys Benjamin, Mahlon Romeo, Mark Harris, Mark McGuinness, Morgan Wigley, Oliver Denham, Perry Ng, Rohan Luthra, Romaine Sawyers, Rubin Colwill, Ryan Allsopp, Ryan Wintle, Sheyi Ojo, Sory Kaba, Tom Sang, Vontae Daley-Campbell.
Burnley vs Cardiff Lineups
Burnley vs Cardiff Preview
Burnley look back on their last three matches with six points to show for their efforts. Against Queens P.R., they were left empty-handed in a 1-2 defeat, but they avenged themselves by beating Blackburn in a 0-1 win. They followed that up with a 1-2 win against Bristol City in their most recent outing. Burnley were dreaming of qualifying for Europe, but after a fantastic campaign, they could even finish the season on the podium. Burnley claimed a middle-of-the-road three wins in their previous six matches on home soil in the Championship. They also drew two and lost one, as they scored 11 and conceded three goals. Burnley are among the three top scoring teams at home so far this Championship campaign, banging in 46 goals to 15 against.
In their last three matches, Cardiff drew 1-1 with Stoke, won 1-2 against Rotherham, and lost 1-2 against Huddersfield. Burnley targeted a place inside the top six before the Championship season. However, ranked inside the top three, they are dreaming of medals after a great campaign. Cardiff won half their previous six away matches in the Championship, as well as seeing zero draws and suffering three defeats. They scored nine goals whilst conceding 11.
Burnley vs Cardiff H2H
Burnley won just one of their 18 most recent encounters against Cardiff. Burnley and Cardiff had to make do with a point each in their latest encounter, which finished with a 1-1 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 4.75. Burnley go into their upcoming match against Cardiff with a 0% winning record in recent meetings. This gives them a 0-8-2 record in the latest encounters with their next opponent. A record worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Sitting top of the table, Burnley have claimed 98 points after 45 rounds, while Cardiff have amassed 49 points and presently rank as number 21 in the Championship.
Full Time Betting
Burnley racked up seven wins from a possible 10 across all tournaments at Turf Moor, drew two and lost one. Cardiff won four of their previous 10 away, drew zero and lost six times. Burnley should feel good about scoring on Monday, since Cardiff managed a clean sheet only once in their previous 10 away games. The hosts fought their way to six clean sheets in their previous 10 matches played at home.
Both Teams to Score
The most recent outing between Burnley and Cardiff ended up a 1-1 draw. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 4.75. As both teams found their way to the goal seven times in their previous ten matches, betting on BTTS naturally would have been profitable. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 2.00 with the bookies. As both teams found their way to the goal seven times in their previous ten matches, betting on BTTS naturally would have been profitable. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 2.00 with the bookies.
Both teams not to score was a winning bet three times in the last ten encounters between Burnley and Cardiff as under 2.5 goals happened three times. Burnley scored an average of 0.8 goals a game, with Cardiff averaging 1.4 goals in this run. Over 2.5 goals came out six times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Burnley, who scored an average of 1.3 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten outings for Cardiff, who managed to score 1.4 times in those matches.