Last Updated: September 18, 2023
The match between BSC Young Boys and RB Leipzig will kick off this coming Tuesday at Stade de Suisse Wankdorf. This is a match in round one of the Champions League group stage this season.
BSC Young Boys vs RB Leipzig Stats
- BSC Young Boys have not lost the last 29 home matches in a row
- BSC Young Boys have scored in 36 of the last 38 matches
- BSC Young Boys have not lost the last 16 matches in a row
- BSC Young Boys have scored in the last 21 home matches in a row
- BSC Young Boys have won 15 of the last 17 home matches
- RB Leipzig have won 5 of the last 6 matches while scoring more than 2.5 goals
- In the last 6 RB Leipzig matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- RB Leipzig have scored in 14 of the last 16 matches
- RB Leipzig have won 5 of the last 6 matches and the sum of goals was over 2.5
- RB Leipzig have won 5 of the last 6 matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
BSC Young Boys vs RB Leipzig Squad lists
BSC Young Boys Squad
The 46-year-old coach of the home team, Raphael Wicky, will select the lineup against RB Leipzig from this squad:
- Anthony Racioppi (1), Dario Marzino (40), David von Ballmoos (26), Leandro Zbinden (61), Aurele Amenda (4), Fabian Lustenberger (28), Kastriot Imeri (10), Lewin Blum (27), Loris Benito (23), Miguel Chaiwa (14), Mohamed Aly Camara (13), Saidy Janko (17), Ulisses Garcia (21), Cedric Itten (9), Donat Rrudhani (22), Ebrima Colley, Filip Ugrinic (7), Jashar Dema, Lukasz Lakomy (8), Sandro Lauper (30), Cheikh Niasse (20), Darian Males (39), Jean Pierre Nsame (18), Joel Monteiro (77), Malik Deme (47), Meschack Elia (15), Noah Persson (19), Silvere Ganvoula (35).
RB Leipzig Squad
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 47 year-old RB Leipzig manager Rose will select his starting XI from these players:
- Janis Blaswich (21), Leopold Zingerle (25), Peter Gulacsi (1), Timo Schlieck (36), Benjamin Henrichs (39), Castello Lukeba (23), Christopher Lenz (3), David Raum (22), El Chadaille Bitshiabu (5), Lukas Klostermann (16), Mohamed Simakan (2), Tim Koehler (31), Willi Orban (4), Amadou Haidara (8), Christoph Baumgartner (14), Emil Forsberg (10), Fabio Carvalho (18), Ilaix Moriba (26), Kevin Kampl (44), Nicolas Seiwald (13), Xaver Schlager (24), Xavi Simons (20), Benjamin Sesko (30), Dani Olmo (7), Ikoma Lois Openda (17), Timo Werner (11), Yussuf Poulsen (9).
BSC Young Boys vs RB Leipzig Lineups
BSC Young Boys vs RB Leipzig Preview
BSC Young Boys won four of their previous six Champions League games at the Stade de Suisse Wankdorf. They both drew and lost once, as they conceded 11 and scored 15 goals.
In their last six Champions League away matches, RB Leipzig have three wins, they’ve drawn zero and lost one three. They scored 13 while also conceding 12 times. They also experienced zero draws and three defeats.
BSC Young Boys vs RB Leipzig H2H
This is the first time BSC Young Boys squares up against RB Leipzig in the Champions League in the 21st century, thus both face a whole new experience of coming up against an unknown opponent.
Full Time Betting
BSC Young Boys claimed all three points nine times in their last 10 home matches across all tournaments, while also drawing one along the way. They endured defeat in zero of the games in this run. RB Leipzig won six of their last 10 games away, while drawing zero and losing four in this series of matches. Goals should be on the menu at Stade de Suisse Wankdorf, with both teams scoring in six of the last 10 matches at home for BSC Young Boys. The same outcome paid dividends in three of the last 10 away games for RB Leipzig.
Both Teams to Score
This is the first time BSC Young Boys and RB Leipzig meet in the Champions League in the 21st century. As there is no prior record of them playing against each other in this competition, as any stats from past encounters are from cup or friendly matches.
BSC Young Boys scored an average of 2.4 goals in their last ten matches in which over 2.5 goals happened six times. Over 2.5 goals happened in eight of the last ten outings for RB Leipzig, who managed to score 3.2 times in those matches.