Last Updated: September 18, 2023
Bristol City take on visitors Plymouth at Ashton Gate in a Championship tie this coming Tuesday.
Bristol City vs Plymouth Stats
- Bristol City have not lost 13 of the last 15 matches
- In 9 of the last 10 Bristol City matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 8 of the last 10 Bristol City matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In the last 3 Bristol City home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Bristol City have not lost 7 of the last 9 home matches
- Plymouth have scored in 18 of the last 19 matches
- In 8 of the last 10 Plymouth matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Plymouth have lost 4 of the last 5 matches and both teams scored at the same time
- Plymouth have scored in 10 of the last 11 away matches
- In 8 of the last 10 Plymouth away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
Bristol City vs Plymouth Squad lists
Bristol City Squad
The 60-year-old Pearson will select the starting eleven against Plymouth from these players:
- Harvey Wiles-Richards (13), Max O’Leary (1), Stefan Bajic (23), Cameron Pring (3), Haydon Roberts (24), Rob Dickie (16), Robert Atkinson (5), Ross McCrorie (2), Zak Vyner (26), Andy King (10), Anis Mehmeti (11), Ayman Benarous (18), Duncan Idehen, Jason Knight (12), Joe Williams (8), Mark Sykes (17), Matthew James (6), Andreas Weimann (14), Ephraim Yeboah, George Tanner (19), Harry Cornick (9), Kal Naismith (4), Nahki Wells (21), Omar Taylor-Clarke (35), Raekwon Nelson, Samuel Bell (20), Taylor Gardner-Hickman, Tommy Conway (15).
Here is the full team squad of Plymouth. The 39 year-old Steven Schumacher will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Callum Burton (25), Conor Hazard (21), Michael Cooper (1), Zak Baker (33), Dan Scarr (6), Joe Edwards (8), Julio Pleguezuelo (5), Kaine Kesler-Hayden (29), Macauley Gillesphey (3), Adam Randell (20), Bali Mumba (2), Brendan Galloway (22), Caleb Roberts, Callum Wright (11), Finn Azaz (18), Jordan Houghton (4), Lewis Warrington (16), Luke Cundle (28), Matt Butcher (7), Saxon Earley (24), Tyreik Samuel Wright (19), Ben Waine (23), Freddie Issaka (35), Lewis Gibson (17), Mickel Miller (14), Morgan Whittaker (10), Mustapha Bundu (15), Ryan Hardie (9).
Bristol City vs Plymouth Lineups
Bristol City vs Plymouth Preview
In their last three matches, Bristol City lost 0-1 against Norwich, won 1-2 against Swansea, before drawing 0-0 against West Bromwich. A mid-table finish looks like the optimal outcome for Bristol City in a season where they aim to keep the relegation line at bay in the Championship. Bristol City only managed one meagre home win from a possible six at Ashton Gate in the Championship. They also drew three and lost two of these six encounters, in which they scored six and conceded eight goals. No team won fewer matches on home soil than Bristol City did so far in the Championship this season. A total of zero matches at the Ashton Gate finished with a win for Bristol City.
It is all or nothing with Plymouth following one win in their previous three outings. They first went down 2-4 in an encounter with Crystal Palace to which, they replied by beating Blackburn3-0. Their latest encounter once again had them on the losing side, when they lost 2-1 against Preston. Plymouth seem a little too thin in quality to stay in this division, and they will most likely be embroiled in a battle to avoid relegation from the Championship for much of the season. Plymouth managed to win just once in their past six away games in the Championship. On top of winning once they also drew one as well as losing four, while scoring nine time and letting in four. Plymouth proved themselves generous visitors in the Championship this season, as they conceded an astonishing four goals so far. This leaves them with the worst defensive record of all teams from their away matches.
Bristol City vs Plymouth H2H
Plymouth celebrated a 3-2 win in their most recent meeting with their Bristol City. Are we in for something similar at Ashton Gate this coming Tuesday, or does the latter have something else in store? Plymouth look back on two wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Bristol City. The home side has a 33% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 2-2-2. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Bristol City approach round 7 as number 11 in the Championship table with nine points on their account so far. With six rounds behind them, Plymouth have amassed seven points, placing them as number 14 in the standings.
Full Time Betting
Ashton Gate witnessed Bristol City winning five of their 10 latest matches across all tournaments here. They drew two and lost three in this run. Plymouth won five of their previous 10 games away, drew two and lost three. Both teams scored in six of the last 10 home matches for Bristol City and in five of the previous 10 away games for Plymouth.
Both Teams to Score
Plymouth ended up winning 3-2 in the most recent meeting between these two rivals. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Ashton Gate., when they once again face Bristol City. Both teams scored five times in the previous six matches between home side Bristol City and Plymouth. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.61. There was over 2.5 goals in 4 of the 5 most recent Championship encounters between Bristol City and Plymouth. Both teams to score paid out five times in the previous six matches between home side Bristol City and Plymouth. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.61.
Over 2.5 goals came up four times in the previous six encounters between Bristol City and Plymouth, as Bristol City scored 1.83 goals on average per game and Plymouth averaging 1.5 goals. Both teams scored in five times of these matches. In Bristol City’s last ten games, there have been over 2.5 goals in two of them. They managed to average 1.2 goals goals per match across all tournaments. Over 2.5 goals happened in eight of the last ten games for Plymouth, who managed to hit the net 1.9 times on average in these games.