Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 10, 2023
Bristol City take on Middlesbrough for a match in the Championship this coming Monday at Ashton Gate.
Bristol City vs Middlesbrough Stats
- In the last 14 Bristol City matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 20 of the last 22 Bristol City home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 9 of the last 10 Bristol City matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Bristol City have not lost 8 of the last 9 home matches
- Bristol City have scored in 8 of the last 9 home matches
- Middlesbrough have scored in 22 of the last 24 matches
- Middlesbrough have won 7 of the last 9 matches while scoring more than 2.5 goals
- Middlesbrough have conceded in 18 of the last 20 away matches
- Middlesbrough have won 8 of the last 10 matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Middlesbrough have won 7 of the last 9 matches and the sum of goals was over 2.5
Bristol City vs Middlesbrough Squad lists
Bristol City Squad
The 59-year-old coach of the home team, Nigel Pearson, will select the lineup against Middlesbrough from this squad:
- Vyner, Scott, Wells, Sykes, Weimann, O’Leary, James, Dasilva, Atkinson, Pring, Conway, Williams, Naismith, Tanner, King, Bell, Mehmeti, Cornick, Taylor-Clarke, Kalas, Wiles-Richards, Haikin, Leeson, Wilson, Baker, Benarous, Idehen.
Here is the full team squad of Middlesbrough. The 41 year-old Michael Carrick will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Aaron Ramsey, Abella Perez Damia, Alex Mowatt, Anfernee Dijksteel, Cameron Archer, Chuba Akpom, Cristhian Stuani, Dael Fry, Daniel Barlaser, Darnell Fisher, Darragh Lenihan, Hayden Hackney, Isaiah Jones, Jonathan Howson, Liam Roberts, Luke Daniels, Malik Dijksteel, Marc Bola, Marcus Forss, Matt Crooks, Matthew Clarke, Patrick McNair, Riley McGree, Rodrigo Muniz, Ryan Giles, Sonny Finch, Stephen Walker, Tom Smith, Zack Steffen.
Bristol City vs Middlesbrough Lineups
Bristol City vs Middlesbrough Preview
Bristol City have four points to show from their last three matches, as they lost 2-0 against Swansea, before drawing 1-1 with Reading. They won their most recent game 1-2 against Stoke. Bristol City won three of their previous six matches at Ashton Gate in the Championship. They drew three and suffered zero defeats, scoring seven goals to three against.
Middlesbrough have only one win in their last three matches, as they did beat Preston by 4-0. Disappointment followed, going down 4-2 against Huddersfield, and 1-2 against Burnley. Middlesbrough won half their previous six away matches in the Championship, as well as seeing zero draws and suffering three defeats. They scored 11 goals whilst conceding 11. Middlesbrough have been prolific goalscorers in the Championship, not least away from home. Until now, they have been on target 35 times, making them the most scoring away side, while also letting in 32 goals.
Bristol City vs Middlesbrough H2H
Bristol City and Middlesbrough had to make do with a point each in their latest encounter, which finished with a 1-1 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.60. Bristol City have a 40% win rate in the against Middlesbrough, who won four of these matches. The total record reads 4-2-4, which is worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Full Time Betting
Ashton Gate witnessed Bristol City winning five of their 10 latest matches across all tournaments here. They drew four and lost one in this run. Middlesbrough won six of their previous 10 games away, drew zero and lost four. Bristol City claimed three modest wins from their previous 10 league outings, whereas Middlesbrough managed to win six times from a possible 10.
Both Teams to Score
Bristol City and Middlesbrough had to settle for a point each in their most recent match, which finished with a 1-1 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.60. As both teams found their way to the goal seven times in their previous ten matches, betting on BTTS naturally would have been profitable. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 1.73 with the bookies. In the 4 most recent encounters between Bristol City and Middlesbrough in the Championship both teams managed to score at least one goal. Over 2.5 goals came out four times in the last ten matches between Bristol City and Middlesbrough. Odds on under 2.5 goals are at 1.91 with bookies.
Both teams scored seven times in the last ten encounters between Bristol City and Middlesbrough, while over 2.5 goals came out six times. Bristol City scored 1.4 goals on average, while Middlesbrough pulled 1.3 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals happened in two of Bristol City’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 0.7 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came out in eight of the last 10 matches Middlesbrough played across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 2.5 goals themselves during this run.