Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 29, 2023
Bristol City welcome Burnley for a clash in the Championship at Ashton Gate this coming Saturday.
Bristol City vs Burnley Stats
- In 24 of the last 26 Bristol City matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 13 of the last 15 Bristol City home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Bristol City have not lost 11 of the last 12 home matches
- Bristol City have scored in 11 of the last 12 home matches
- Bristol City have conceded in the last 8 matches in a row
- Burnley have not lost 24 of the last 26 matches
- Burnley have not lost 13 of the last 14 away matches
- In 6 of the last 7 Burnley matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Burnley have scored in 5 of the last 6 matches
- In 3 of the last 4 Burnley away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
Bristol City vs Burnley Squad lists
Bristol City Squad
The 59-year-old manager of Bristol City, Nigel Pearson, will select the lineup against Burnley from the players listed below:
- Wiles-Richards, O’Leary, Pring, Leeson, Dasilva, Wilson, Baker, Atkinson, Kalas, Vyner, Scott, King, Mehmeti, Benarous, Idehen, Williams, Sykes, James, Weimann, Tanner, Cornick, Naismith, Wells, Taylor-Clarke, Bell, Conway.
Here is the full team squad of Burnley. The 37 year-old Vincent Kompany will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Arijanet Muric, Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Denis Franchi, Ameen Al Dakhil, Charlie Taylor, Connor Roberts, Hjalmar Ekdal, Ian Maatsen, Louis Beyer, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Vitinho, Darko Churlinov, Jack Cork, Johann Berg Gudmundsson, Josh Brownhill, Josh Cullen, Manuel Benson, Nathan Tella, Samuel Bastien, Anass Zaroury, Ashley Barnes, Halil Dervisoglu, Jay Rodriguez, Lyle Foster, Michael Obafemi, Scott Twine.
Bristol City vs Burnley Lineups
Bristol City vs Burnley Preview
Bristol City suffered a couple of disappointments in their last three matches, as they were run over by Watford in a 2-0 defeat. Sheffield United also proved too hard to handle, as they won 1-0, before Bristol City were able to strike back last time out in a 2-1 win against Rotherham. Bristol City claimed a middle-of-the-road three wins in their previous six matches on home soil in the Championship. They also drew three and lost zero, as they scored nine and conceded five goals.
In their last three matches, Burnley drew 2-2 with Rotherham, lost 1-2 against Queens P.R. and beat Blackburn 0-1. Burnley won three of a possible six away matches in the Championship, as well as playing three draws and suffering zero defeats. They scored eight while also conceding four times. No team won as many matches when playing away than Burnley did so far in the Championship this season. A total of 12 matches was won on away soil.
Bristol City vs Burnley H2H
Burnley are without defeat against Bristol City in their last 6 matches in a row. Burnley beat Bristol City twice in their most recent meetings, as they claimed wins by 2-1 and 4-0, respectively. All in all, Burnley have a fine reading on Bristol City in previous seasons with a 6-2-2 advantage going into this match. The bookies have Burnley to win this match at best price odds of 2.00.
Current Championship standings
Burnley enjoy the view from the top of the table with 95 points after 44 league matches this season. Meanwhile, Bristol City find themselves positioned as number 14 in the Championship with 56 points following 44 rounds.
Full Time Betting
Bristol City claimed five wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing four and losing one. Burnley won five of their last 10 away games, as they also drew four and lost one of these matches. In their previous 10 matches away from home, Burnley claimed three wins to nil.
Both Teams to Score
Burnley got the better of Bristol City in the last two h2h meetings, winning by 2-1 and 4-0, respectively. Both teams scored six times in the previous ten matches between home side Bristol City and Burnley. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.80. The last 5 Championship meetings between Bristol City and Burnley had over 2.5 goals. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the last ten matches between Bristol City and Burnley.
Over 2.5 goals came up seven times in the previous ten encounters between Bristol City and Burnley, as Bristol City scored 1.2 goals on average per game and Burnley averaging 2.1 goals. Both teams scored in six times of these matches. Over 2.5 goals happened in three of Bristol City’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 0.9 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten games for Burnley, who scored 1.4 times on average in those matches.