Brighton vs Southampton – Predictions and Free Bets
Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: May 21, 2023
Brighton will be taking on visiting team Southampton at The American Express Community Stadium in a Premier League tie this coming Sunday.
Brighton vs Southampton Stats
- Brighton have scored in 31 of the last 32 matches
- In 4 of the last 5 Brighton home matches the sum of goals was over 5.5
- In 5 of the last 6 Brighton home matches the sum of goals was over 4.5
- Brighton have scored in 14 of the last 15 home matches
- In 9 of the last 11 Brighton matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Southampton have not won the last 11 matches in a row
- Southampton have conceded in the last 10 matches in a row
- Southampton have lost 7 of the last 8 matches
- Southampton have lost 6 of the last 8 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Southampton have conceded in 12 of the last 14 away matches
Brighton vs Southampton Squad lists
The 43-year-old coach of the home team, Roberto De Zerbi, will select the lineup against Southampton from this squad:
- Adam Lallana, Adam Webster, Alexis Mac Allister, Billy Gilmour, Danny Welbeck, Deniz Undav, Evan Ferguson, Facundo Buonanotte, Jakub Moder, Jan Paul van Hecke, Jason Steele, Jeremy Sarmiento, Joel Veltman, Julio Enciso, Kaoru Mitoma, Levi Colwill, Lewis Dunk, Moises Caicedo, Odel Offiah, Pascal Gross, Pervis Estupinan, Robert Sanchez, Solly March, Tariq Lamptey, Thomas McGill, Yasin Ayari.
Below is the full team squad of Southampton. The manager Selles will pick his starting XI against Brighton from these players:
- McCarthy, Bazunu, Caballero, Bella-Kotchap, Caleta-Car, Bednarek, Larios, Walker-Peters, Lyanco, Salisu, Perraud, Livramento, Maitland-Niles, Alcaraz, Diallo, Bree, Ward-Prowse, Aribo, Chauke, Elyounoussi, Djenepo, Lavia, Armstrong, Armstrong, Adams, Sulemana, Orsic, Onuachu, Edozie, Mara, Walcott.
Brighton vs Southampton Lineups
Brighton vs Southampton Preview
Brighton lost two of their last three matches, as they went down 5-1 in a meeting with Everton. They replied by beating Arsenal 0-3, before losing again, this time 4-1 against Newcastle. In their last six Premier League home matches, Brighton won four times. They’ve drawn once and lost once, while scoring 16 and conceding eight goals.
Southampton endured a tough spell in their last three matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 3-1 by Newcastle, before Nottingham Forest ran out 4-3 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against Fulham, who came out 0-2 winners. Southampton are closer to the relegation zone than they would have wished for at this late stage of the season. They are still capable of pulling clear though and securing another season in the top flight. Southampton came through their last six away games in the Premier League without a single win. Of those six matches, they drew two and lost four in which, they were outscored by 12 goals to seven.
Brighton vs Southampton H2H
The last time these two sides facing off here came up against each other, Brighton came away with a 1-3 win. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at The American Express Community Stadium. Southampton won four of the previous ten matches, with Brighton claiming two wins in these ten encounters. The bookies have Southampton to win this match at best price odds of 13.00.
Current Premier League standings
Brighton approach the next Premier League round as number 6 in the table, having claimed 58 points this season so far. With 35 games behind them, Southampton amassed 24 points, placing them as number 20 before their next fixture.
Full Time Betting
Brighton won six of the previous 10 home matches across all tournaments, while drawing two and losing two as well. Southampton won two from a possible 10 away from home, as they also drew two and lost six in this run. Both teams to score happened only three times in the last 10 league matches at The American Express Community Stadium for Brighton. It also paid out in five of the previous 10 away games away for Southampton.
Both Teams to Score
It was an enormously entertaining 1-3 match, when these two sides last played each other. A similar feast of goals would go down well this coming Sunday. Betting on both teams to score in recent matches between Brighton and Southampton would have made you a decent profit. Both teams found their way to the goal eight times in their previous ten matches. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 1.95 with the bookies. Brighton managed to score at least one goal in their last 6 encounters in the Premier League against Southampton. In eight of the previous ten matches between Brighton and Southampton both teams scored.
Over 2.5 goals happened five times in the past ten encounters between Brighton and Southampton, with Brighton scoring 1.3 goals on average per game. Southampton averaged 1.4 goals, while both teams scored eight times. Brighton performed an average of 1.8 goals a game in their previous ten matches in which over 2.5 goals came out seven times. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of the last ten outings for Southampton, who managed to score 1.1 times in those matches.