Last Updated: September 16, 2023
Bournemouth enjoy home advantage, when visitors Chelsea swing by this coming Sunday for a clash in the Premier League. The former will be looking to make that home advantage count.
Bournemouth vs Chelsea Stats
- Bournemouth have conceded in 14 of the last 16 home matches
- Bournemouth have conceded in 13 of the last 15 matches
- In 6 of the last 8 matches Bournemouth played, both teams scored
- In the last 3 Bournemouth home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Bournemouth have not won 7 of the last 9 home matches
- Chelsea have not won 16 of the last 18 away matches
- Chelsea have conceded in the last 11 away matches in a row
- Chelsea have lost 8 of the last 10 away matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Chelsea have scored in 14 of the last 16 matches
- Chelsea have lost 8 of the last 10 away matches
Bournemouth vs Chelsea Squad lists
The 41-year-old coach of the home team, Andoni Iraola, will select the lineup against Chelsea from this squad:
- Darren Randolph (12), Ionut Andrei Radu (20), Neto (1), Adam Smith (15), Ben Greenwood (43), Chris Mepham (6), Illia Zabarnyi (27), Lloyd Kelly (5), Marcos Senesi (25), Max Aarons (37), Milos Kerkez (3), Ryan Fredericks (2), Alex Scott (14), Dango Ouattara (11), David Brooks (7), Emiliano Marcondes, Gavin Kilkenny (26), Hamed Traore (22), Joe Rothwell (8), Justin Kluivert (19), Lewis Cook (4), Marcus Tavernier (16), Philip Billing (29), Ryan Christie (10), Tyler Adams (18), Antoine Semenyo (24), Dominic Solanke (9), Jaidon Anthony (32), Kieffer Moore (21), Luis Sinisterra (17).
Below is the full team squad of Chelsea. The manager Pochettino will pick his starting XI against Bournemouth from these players:
- Djordje Petrovic (28), Marcus Bettinelli (13), Robert Sanchez (1), Axel Disasi (2), Ben Chilwell (21), Benoit Badiashile (4), Ian Maatsen (29), Levi Colwill (26), Malang Sarr, Malo Gusto (27), Marc Cucurella (3), Reece James (24), Thiago Silva (6), Trevoh Chalobah (14), Wesley Fofana (33), Carney Chukwuemeka (17), Christopher Nkunku (18), Cole Palmer (20), Conor Gallagher (23), Deivid de Souza (36), Enzo Fernandez (8), Lesley Ugochukwu (16), Moises Caicedo (25), Mykhaylo Mudryk (10), Noni Madueke (11), Romeo Lavia (45), Armando Broja (19), Nicolas Jackson (15), Raheem Sterling (7).
Bournemouth vs Chelsea Lineups
Bournemouth vs Chelsea Preview
Bournemouth collected four points from their previous three matches, as they were defeated 0-2 against Tottenham. They retaliated in a 2-3 win against Swansea, before drawing 2-2 with Brentford. Both fans and management alike always expect success in the Premier League to be more or less guaranteed for Chelsea. They are once again faced with the expectation of a season where the podium is the minimum outcome. Bournemouth only managed one meagre home win from a possible six at Vitality Stadium in the Premier League. They also drew one and lost four of these six encounters, in which they scored six and conceded 12 goals.
Chelsea won twice in their last three matches as Luton were defeated by 3-0, before they beat AFC Wimbledon 2-1. Nottingham Forest proved too strong, though, and a 0-1 defeat followed. Both fans and management alike always expect success in the Premier League to be more or less guaranteed for Chelsea. They are once again faced with the expectation of a season where the podium is the minimum outcome. Chelsea managed to win just once in their past six away games in the Premier League. On top of winning once they also drew zero as well as losing five, while scoring 13 time and letting in six.
Bournemouth vs Chelsea H2H
A 3-1 win was the follow-up to a 2-0 victory, when Chelsea last faced Bournemouth, no doubt raising the spirits ahead of their next trip. In last ten encounters between the clubs, Chelsea have been the dominant force winning six matches against Bournemouth. The bookies have Chelsea to win this match at best price odds of 1.70.
Current Premier League standings
Bournemouth are 16 in the rankings with two points after four matches played , whereas Chelsea rank 12 in the Premier League on four points. Bournemouth find themselves as number 16 in the league table with two points from their initial four matches this campaign. As number 12, two points above them, Chelsea have played four rounds this season.
Full Time Betting
Bournemouth won three of the previous 10 home matches across all tournaments, while drawing one and losing six as well. Chelsea won two from a possible 10 away from home, as they also drew zero and lost eight in this run. Should Bournemouth pull off a home win this coming Sunday, it could be an entertaining affair, since they only won one games to nil in their last 10 attempts.
Both Teams to Score
The Blues ran out 1-3 winners the last time these two rivals played each other and are in pursuit of yet another three points this coming Sunday. Rest assured, the latter have their target aimed at getting one back. Both teams to score only came out three times in the previous ten games between Chelsea and Bournemouth. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 2.20 with the bookies. Over 2.5 goals came out four times in the last ten matches between Bournemouth and Chelsea. Odds on under 2.5 goals are at 2.20 with bookies.
Both teams scored three times in the last ten encounters between Bournemouth and Chelsea, while over 2.5 goals came out six times. Bournemouth scored 1.2 goals on average, while Chelsea pulled 1.6 goals on average. In Bournemouth’s last ten games, there have been over 2.5 goals in six of them. They managed to average 1.7 goals goals per match across all tournaments. Over 2.5 goals came up in five of Chelsea’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of two goals in these matches.