Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 18, 2023
Blackpool enjoy home advantage, when visitors West Bromwich Albion swing by this coming Tuesday for a clash in the Championship. The former will be looking to make that home advantage count.
Blackpool vs West Bromwich Albion Stats
- Blackpool have lost 4 of the last 5 matches and both teams scored at the same time
- In 5 of the last 6 matches Blackpool played, both teams scored
- In 5 of the last 6 Blackpool matches the sum of goals was over 3.5
- Blackpool have lost 4 of the last 5 matches and the sum of goals was over 3.5
- Blackpool have lost 4 of the last 5 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- West Bromwich have conceded in the last 10 away matches in a row
- In the last 3 matches in a row West Bromwich played, both teams scored
- In the last 3 away matches in a row West Bromwich played, both teams scored
- West Bromwich have not won 7 of the last 8 away matches
- West Bromwich have lost 6 of the last 8 away matches
Blackpool vs West Bromwich Albion Squad lists
The 64-year-old coach of the home team, Mick McCarthy, will select the lineup against West Bromwich Albion from this squad:
- Maxwell, Grimshaw, Moore, Connolly, Goode, Nelson, Thompson, Husband, Gabriel, Thorniley, Garbutt, Ekpiteta, Casey, Squires, Lyons, Patino, Hamilton, Bowler, Dougall, Anderson, Stewart, Fiorini, Bridcutt, Apter, Lavery, Carey, Trybull, Lubala, Madine, Poveda, Beesley, Yates, Rogers.
West Bromwich Albion Squad
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 40 year-old West Bromwich Albion manager Corberan will select his starting XI from these players:
- Palmer, Button, Townsend, O’Shea, Furlong, Pieters, Bryan, Bartley, Ajayi, Reach, Thomas-Asante, Diangana, Livermore, Molumby, Wallace, Swift, Albrighton, Phillips, Chalobah, Yokuslu, Rogic, Dike, Grant, Gardner-Hickman.
Blackpool vs West Bromwich Albion Lineups
Blackpool vs West Bromwich Albion Preview
Blackpool suffered a couple of disappointments in their last three matches, as they were run over by Cardiff in a 1-3 defeat. Luton also proved too hard to handle, as they won 3-1, before Blackpool were able to strike back last time out in a 1-0 win against Wigan. Blackpool are closer to the relegation zone than they would have wished for at this late stage of the season. They are still capable of pulling clear though and securing another season in the top flight. Blackpool won half of their previous six matches on home soil in the Championship, while also drawing one. They suffered two defeats, while they scored ten and conceded eight goals.
West Bromwich Albion gained four points in their past three matches. First, they went down 3-1 against Rotherham, before picking up a 2-2 draw against Queens P.R.. Their latest match brought a 1-2 win in their encounter with Stoke. In their last six Championship away matches, West Bromwich Albion failed to win more than once. In stead, they’ve drawn one and lost four, scoring six while also conceding 12 times.
Blackpool vs West Bromwich Albion H2H
Blackpool were unable to win even once in their last 7 matches against West Bromwich Albion. West Bromwich Albion celebrated a 1-0 win as well as a 2-1 victory in the last two matches played against Blackpool. Blackpool have a 0% win rate in the against West Bromwich Albion, who won six of these matches. The total record reads 0-1-6, which is worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Full Time Betting
Bloomfield Road saw Blackpool winning four, drawing four and losing two of their 10 most recent games here across all tournaments. West Bromwich Albion won two of their 10 most recent away games, drew two and lost six. It seems West Bromwich Albion need to score at least twice to win an away game, as they failed to keep a single clean sheet in their last 10 away from home. This will leave Blackpool feeling optimistic about their prospects, as they kept four clean sheets in their last 10 home games.
Both Teams to Score
West Bromwich Albion got the better of Blackpool in the last two h2h meetings, winning by 1-0 and 2-1, respectively. In the past seven matches between home side Blackpool and West Bromwich Albion both teams found the back of the net five times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.83. West Bromwich Albion managed at least one goal in 6 of their previous 7 Championship matches against Blackpool. Both teams to score paid out five times in the previous seven matches between home side Blackpool and West Bromwich Albion. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.83.
Over 2.5 goals came up five times in the previous seven encounters between Blackpool and West Bromwich Albion, as Blackpool scored one goal on average per game and West Bromwich Albion averaging 2.01 goals. Both teams scored in five times of these matches. Over 2.5 goals came out six times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Blackpool, who scored an average of 1.2 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of the last ten outings for West Bromwich Albion, who managed to score 1.2 times in those matches.