Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 27, 2023
Blackpool welcome Millwall at Bloomfield Road this coming Friday for a match in the penultimate round of the current Championship season.
Blackpool vs Millwall Stats
- Blackpool have lost 5 of the last 7 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- In the last 3 Blackpool matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Blackpool have scored in 7 of the last 8 matches
- Blackpool have lost 5 of the last 7 matches
- Blackpool have lost 3 of the last 4 home matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- In 18 of the last 20 Millwall away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 9 Millwall matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 5 of the last 7 Millwall matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In 5 of the last 7 Millwall away matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In 6 of the last 7 Millwall matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
Blackpool vs Millwall Squad lists
The 64-year-old McCarthy will select the starting eleven against Millwall from these players:
- Chris Maxwell, Daniel Grimshaw, Stuart Moore, Callum Connolly, Charlie Goode, Curtis Nelson, Dominic Thompson, James Husband, Jordan Gabriel, Jordan Thorniley, Luke Garbutt, Marvin Ekpiteta, Oliver Casey, Will Squires, Andy Lyons, Charlie Patino, CJ Hamilton, Josh Bowler, Kenneth Dougall, Keshi Anderson, Kevin Stewart, Lewis Fiorini, Liam Bridcutt, Robert Apter, Shayne Lavery, Sonny Carey, Tom Trybull, Beryly Lubala, Gary Madine, Ian Poveda, Jake Beesley, Jerry Yates, Morgan Rogers.
This is the full squad of players that the Millwall head coach Rowett will select from for his starting XI:
- Cooper, McNamara, Flemming, Wallace, Bradshaw, Long, Saville, Mitchell, Voglsammer, Honeyman, Cresswell, Hutchinson, Shackleton, Malone, Bialkowski, Styles, Leonard, Burey, Burke, Bennett, Watmore, Trueman, Sandford, Emakhu, Evans, Esse, Drozd.
Blackpool vs Millwall Lineups
Blackpool vs Millwall Preview
Blackpool have been a little inconsistent recently, as they beat Wigan by 1-0. Following that up proved too difficult, as they lost 0-2 against West Bromwich, before claiming three points in a 0-1 win against Birmingham. Blackpool are closer to the relegation zone than they would have wished for at this late stage of the season. They are still capable of pulling clear though and securing another season in the top flight. In their last six Championship home matches, Blackpool have two wins, while they’ve drawn one and lost three. They scored nine and conceded ten goals.
Millwall have only one win in their last three matches, as they did beat Preston by 2-0. Disappointment followed, going down 0-1 against Birmingham, and 2-1 against Wigan. In their last six away matches in the Championship, Millwall won twice, while also recording two draws. They endured two defeats in this run, with a scoreline from these matches saying five goals conceded and five scored.
Blackpool vs Millwall H2H
Blackpool booked a win in 5 home matches on the bounce against Millwall at Bloomfield Road. Blackpool took a hit when Millwall handed them a 2-1 defeat in their latest encounter. The former did win the reverse match though, as they secured three points to their name by claiming a 1-0 win. A draw might be high-priced, but nevertheless seems fairly unlikely, judging by their ten recent outings against each other. Blackpool managed four wins, while Millwall grabbed all three points five times in these ten matches. Picking the home win gets you odds at 3.30 with the bookies, whereas the best betting odds on an away win at full-time are at 2.20.
Current Championship standings
Full Time Betting
Bloomfield Road witnessed Blackpool winning four of their 10 latest matches across all tournaments here. They drew three and lost three in this run. Millwall won four of their previous 10 games away, drew two and lost four. A modest four times Blackpool scored the opening goal of the game at Bloomfield Road, in their last 10 matches here.Millwall opened the scoring in five of their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
Blackpool claimed a 1-0 win, while Millwall answered back with a 2-1 win in their two most recent meetings. In the past ten matches between home side Blackpool and Millwall both teams found the back of the net six times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.80. Blackpool managed to score at least one goal in their last 11 encounters in the Championship against Millwall. In six of the previous ten matches between Blackpool and Millwall both teams scored.
Over 2.5 goals came up six times in the previous ten encounters between Blackpool and Millwall, as Blackpool scored 1.3 goals on average per game and Millwall averaging 1.2 goals. Both teams scored in six times of these matches. Over 2.5 goals came out five times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Blackpool, who scored an average of 1.2 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals appeared in three of the last ten matches that Millwall played across all tournaments. They scored 0.8 times on average in the process.