Blackpool vs Coventry – Prediction
Last Updated: March 16, 2023
The Championship tie at Bloomfield Road on Saturday sees home team Blackpool up against Coventry.
Blackpool vs Coventry Stats
- Blackpool have not won 19 of the last 21 matches
- In the last 3 Blackpool home matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In 9 of the last 11 Blackpool matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Blackpool have not lost the last 6 home matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 10 Blackpool home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 10 of the last 12 Coventry away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 10 of the last 12 Coventry away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 8 of the last 9 Coventry matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Coventry have not lost the last 7 matches in a row
- In 7 of the last 9 Coventry matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
Blackpool vs Coventry Squad lists
The 64-year-old manager of Blackpool, Mick McCarthy, will select the lineup against Coventry from the players listed below:
- Andy Lyons, Beryly Lubala, Callum Connolly, Charlie Goode, Charlie Patino, Chris Maxwell, CJ Hamilton, Curtis Nelson, Daniel Grimshaw, Dominic Thompson, Gary Madine, Ian Poveda, Jake Beesley, James Husband, Jerry Yates, Jordan Gabriel, Jordan Thorniley, Josh Bowler, Kenneth Dougall, Keshi Anderson, Kevin Stewart, Lewis Fiorini, Liam Bridcutt, Luke Garbutt, Marvin Ekpiteta, Morgan Rogers, Oliver Casey, Robert Apter, Shayne Lavery, Sonny Carey, Stuart Moore, Tom Trybull, Will Squires.
Listed below is the full squad of Coventry players that the manager Mark Robins will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Bassala Sambou, Ben Sheaf, Ben Wilson, Brooke Norton-Cuffy, Callum Doyle, Callum O’Hare, Fabio Tavares, Fankaty Dabo, Gustavo Hamer, Harrison Nee, Jack Burroughs, Jake Bidwell, Jamie Allen, Jonathan Panzo, Josh Eccles, Josh Wilson-Esbrand, Kasey Palmer, Kyle McFadzean, Liam Kelly, Luke McNally, Matt Godden, Michael Rose, Omotayo Adaramola, Ryan Howley, Sean Maguire, Simon Moore, Todd Kane, Tyler Walker, Viktor Gyoekeres, Will Bapaga.
Blackpool vs Coventry Lineups
Blackpool vs Coventry Preview
In their last three matches, Blackpool lost 3-1 against Reading, drew 0-0 with Burnley, before losing to Bristol City by 2-0. Blackpool claimed a modest two wins in their past six home matches in the Championship. They also drew four and lost zero, scored ten goals and conceded four. Blackpool are one of the worst home teams in the Championship with a dismal 21 points and just five wins. They scored 23 at Bloomfield Road while conceding 22 as well.
Coventry currently look solid after going three matches unbeaten. They laid the groundworks by beating Huddersfield with a 0-4 scoreline, before settling for a point in a 1-1 draw against Hull. Their latest match once again had them share the points, this time in a 1-1 draw against Wigan. Coventry, meanwhile, won twice, while they’ve drawn two and lost two in their last six away in the Championship.
Blackpool vs Coventry H2H
The last time these two teams faced off against each other, Blackpool came away as 1-2 winners. No doubt they are planning a similar outcome on Saturday. Picking a winning bet based on their h2h is a bit of a lottery, and the punter with a keen eye for a long shot might opt for the high-value price here. Blackpool claimed three wins in their previous ten matches against Coventry. The latter managed three wins in these ten encounters against their coming opponent. The bookies best betting odds on a draw at full-time are at 3.20.
Current Championship standings
Full Time Betting
Blackpool scored the first goal of the game in only four of their 10 previous matches played at Bloomfield Road. Coventry scored first in five of their last 10 outings away from home.
Both Teams to Score
The last time these two sides facing off here came up against each other, Blackpool came away with a 1-2 win. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Bloomfield Road. Betting on both teams to score in recent matches between Blackpool and Coventry would have made you a decent profit. Both teams found their way to the goal seven times in their previous ten matches. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 1.83 with the bookies. Blackpool scored at least once in 9 of their 10 most recent encounters in the Championship against Coventry. Both teams to score came out seven times in the past ten matches between Blackpool and Coventry. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 1.83 with the bookies.
Both teams scored seven times in the last ten encounters between Blackpool and Coventry, while over 2.5 goals came out six times. Blackpool scored 1.6 goals on average, while Coventry pulled 1.2 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals came out five times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Blackpool, who scored an average of 0.6 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals appeared in three of the last ten matches that Coventry played across all tournaments. They scored 1.5 times on average in the process.