Last Updated: September 15, 2023
Middlesbrough travel to Blackburn this coming Saturday, when they pair of them go toe-to-toe at Ewood Park in a exciting Championship encounter.
Blackburn vs Middlesbrough Stats
- In 12 of the last 14 Blackburn home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 5 home matches in a row Blackburn played, both teams scored
- In 7 of the last 8 Blackburn matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Blackburn have scored in 12 of the last 14 matches
- In the last 4 Blackburn home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Middlesbrough have conceded in the last 10 matches in a row
- In the last 6 Middlesbrough away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 5 of the last 6 away matches Middlesbrough played, both teams scored
- In 5 of the last 6 Middlesbrough away matches the sum of goals was over 3.5
- Middlesbrough have not won 8 of the last 10 matches
Blackburn vs Middlesbrough Squad lists
The 47-year-old coach of the home team, Jon Dahl Tomasson, will select the lineup against Middlesbrough from this squad:
- Aynsley Pears (1), Joe Hilton (34), Leopold Wahlstedt (12), Andrew Moran (24), Callum Brittain (2), Dominic Hyam (5), Harry Pickering (3), Hayden Carter (17), Jake Garrett (30), James Hill, Lewis Travis (27), Patrick Gamble (15), Scott Wharton (16), Adam Wharton (23), Arnor Sigurdsson (7), Harry Leonard (20), Joe Rankin-Costello (11), Sammie Szmodics (8), Sondre Tronstad (6), Tyrhys Dolan (10), Dilan Markanday (18), Niall Ennis (14), Ryan Hedges (19), Sam Gallagher (9), Semir Telalovic (33).
Listed below is the full squad of Middlesbrough players that the manager Michael Carrick will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Jamie Jones (32), Seny Dieng (1), Thomas Glover (23), Dael Fry (6), Hayden Coulson (22), Matthew Clarke (5), Patrick McNair (17), Rav van den Berg (3), Tom Smith (2), Abella Perez Damia (2), Anfernee Dijksteel (15), Daniel Barlaser (4), Darragh Lenihan (26), Hayden Hackney (7), Jonathan Howson (16), Lewis O’Brien, Lukas Engel (27), Matt Crooks (25), Riley McGree (8), Alex Bangura, Alex Gilbert (14), Cristhian Stuani (18), Emmanuel Latte Lath (30), Isaiah Jones (11), Josh Coburn (19), Marcus Forss (21), Morgan Rogers (10), Sam Greenwood, Samuel Silvera (18).
Blackburn vs Middlesbrough Lineups
Blackburn vs Middlesbrough Preview
In their last three matches, Blackburn beat Watford by 0-1 and Harrogate Town by 0-8, before losing against Plymouth by 3-0. Finishing inside the top half is the bare minimum Blackburn expect for this season, but the ideal target is a spot in an international competition. In their last six Championship matches at home, Blackburn have one win, while they’ve drawn three and lost two.
Middlesbrough are currently a little too inconsistent for their own good. Against West Bromwich, they lost 4-2, before winning 1-3 against Bolton. They came out on the losing end once again in a 0-2 defeat against Queens P.R.. Middlesbrough go into a new season as candidates for the podium, but will count themselves lucky to achieve more than a third place. Middlesbrough came through their last six away games in the Championship without a single win. Of those six matches, they drew two and lost four in which, they were outscored by 12 goals to five. Middlesbrough proved themselves generous visitors in the Championship this season, as they conceded an astonishing seven goals so far. This leaves them with the worst defensive record of all teams from their away matches.
Blackburn vs Middlesbrough H2H
Middlesbrough claimed just a single win from a possible 8 against Blackburn. The last time these two teams squared up, Middlesbrough ran out 1-2 winners which they surely won’t mind doing again at Ewood Park. Blackburn enter the match against Middlesbrough with a 4-4-2 record in their previous ten encounters. A win rate of 40%, which is perhaps worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Blackburn rank 13 with seven points to their name from five matches, while visitors Middlesbrough rank 24 in the table on one point.
Full Time Betting
Of their 10 most recent games at Ewood Park across all tournaments, Blackburn won three times, drew three and lost four. Middlesbrough won four of their recent 10 games on their travels, as well as drawing three and losing three. Middlesbrough probably have a good feeling about scoring this coming Saturday with Blackburn managing one lousy clean sheet in the previous 10 home games. The visitors fought their way to three clean sheets in their previous 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
Middlesbrough won 1-2 the last time, they faced Blackburn, who won the match before that, when Blackburn claimed a 2-1 win. Both teams scored five times in the previous ten matches between home side Blackburn and Middlesbrough. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.53. Blackburn scored at least once in 7 of their 8 most recent encounters in the Championship against Middlesbrough. Both teams to score paid out five times in the previous ten matches between home side Blackburn and Middlesbrough. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.53.
There were less than three goals scored eight times in the previous ten encounters between Middlesbrough and Blackburn, while both teams not to score was a winning bet five times. Blackburn performed an average of 0.9 goals, while Middlesbrough pulled off 0.7 goals per game. In Blackburn’s last ten games, there have been over 2.5 goals in eight of them. They managed to average 2.5 goals goals per match across all tournaments. Over 2.5 goals came up in six of Middlesbrough’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.4 goals in these matches.