Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
The Championship clash at St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium on Saturday sees Birmingham hosting opponents Blackburn.
Birmingham vs Blackburn Stats
- Birmingham have conceded in 16 of the last 18 matches
- Birmingham have lost 6 of the last 8 home matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- In the last 5 Birmingham home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In the last 6 Birmingham home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 7 of the last 8 Birmingham matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Blackburn have scored in 21 of the last 23 matches
- Blackburn have not lost 14 of the last 16 matches
- In the last 5 away matches in a row Blackburn played, both teams scored
- In 9 of the last 11 Blackburn matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Blackburn have won 6 of the last 7 matches
Birmingham vs Blackburn Squad lists
John Eustace will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Blackburn from the following players:
- George, Chang, Trusty, Khela, Sanderson, Longelo, Gardner, Friend, Hall, Mejbri, Dean, Bellingham, Ruddy, Graham, James, Williams, Bacuna, Long, Bielik, Novak, Jutkiewicz, Roberts, Duffy, Colin, Etheridge, Gordon, Khadra, Walker, Donovan, Stirk, Hogan, Chong, Campbell, Deeney, Jeacock.
This is the full squad of players that the Blackburn head coach Tomasson will select from for his starting XI:
- Dowling, Pears, Eastham, Kaminski, Phillips, Brittain, Pike, Ayala, Hyam, Pickering, Carter, Garrett, Travis, Wharton, Edun, Wharton, Dack, Mola, Walker, Rankin-Costello, Buckley, Szmodics, Morton, Dolan, Brereton, Vale, Hedges, Gallagher, Thomas.
Birmingham vs Blackburn Lineups
Birmingham vs Blackburn Preview
Birmingham have been a little inconsistent recently, as they beat Rotherham by 2-0. Following that up proved too difficult, as they lost 3-0 against Watford, before claiming three points in a 0-1 win against Queens P.R.. Birmingham only pulled off two wins from a possible six in recent Championship matches on home soil. Of the remaining four matches, they drew zero and lost four, as they scored six and conceded eight goals.
It is all or nothing with Blackburn, who only triumphed once in their previous three outings. They were defeated 3-2 against Stoke, before beating Reading 2-1. Unable to build on that, they lost 3-2 against Sheffield United. In their last six Championship away matches, Blackburn failed to win more than once. In stead, they’ve drawn three and lost two, scoring eight while also conceding 11 times.
Birmingham vs Blackburn H2H
Birmingham were able to win only once against Blackburn in 10 recent matches. Blackburn beat Birmingham twice in their most recent meetings, as they claimed wins by 2-1 and 2-1, respectively. Blackburn look back on five wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Birmingham. The home side has a 10% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 1-4-5. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Full Time Betting
St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium saw Birmingham winning three, drawing zero and losing seven of their 10 most recent games here across all tournaments. Blackburn won four of their 10 most recent away games, drew three and lost three. While Birmingham managed to keep a clean sheet in two of their last 10 games at St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, Blackburn kept a clean sheet in two of their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
The last time the pair played each other Blackburn came away as 2-1 winners, and rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind this coming Saturday. As both teams found their way to the goal seven times in their previous ten matches, betting on BTTS naturally would have been profitable. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 1.91 with the bookies. The last 4 Championship meetings between Birmingham and Blackburn had over 2.5 goals. Both teams found the back of the net seven times in the last ten matches between Birmingham and Blackburn.
Over 2.5 goals came out six times in the last ten encounters between these two teams. Birmingham managed an average of 1.1 goals, with Blackburn averaging 2.1 goals in these. Both teams to score was a winning bet seven times in this run of matches. Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in four of Birmingham’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 1.2 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of the last ten outings for Blackburn, who managed to score 1.6 times in those matches.