Last Updated: May 27, 2023
Santa Clara sit below expectations in the table, while Benfica are faring even better than hoped for. The former will have to up their game this coming Saturday to achieve a good result here.
How to Live Stream Benfica vs Santa Clara on Saturday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various Liga matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Benfica vs Santa Clara may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Register for Bet365 to follow the match live
Click on this link to watch the game live.
‘Join now’ and enter details.Log in and fund your account.Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.* Geo-restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Benfica vs Santa Clara on TV
UK: BT Sport, FreeSports and Premier Sports
Benfica vs Santa Clara Team Stats
- Benfica have scored in 26 of the last 28 home matches
- Benfica have scored in 23 of the last 25 matches
- Benfica have won 7 of the last 9 home matches
- Benfica have not lost 9 of the last 11 home matches
- Benfica have not lost the last 6 matches in a row
- Santa Clara have not won the last 13 away matches in a row
- Santa Clara have not won 22 of the last 24 matches
- Santa Clara have conceded in 23 of the last 25 matches
- Santa Clara have lost 11 of the last 12 away matches
- Santa Clara have lost 7 of the last 8 away matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
Benfica vs Santa Clara Squad lists
The 56-year-old coach of the home team, Roger Schmidt, will select the lineup against Santa Clara from this squad:
- Gomes (75), Vlachodimos (99), Soares (24), Grimaldo (3), Bah (6), Silva (66), Junior (2), Verissimo (4), Ristic (23), Morato (91), Otamendi (30), Schjelderup (21), Chiquinho (22), Luis (61), Aursnes (8), Mario (20), Neves (87), Draxler (93), Silva (27), Tengstedt (19), Neres (7), Guedes (15), Ramos (88), Musa (33).
Santa Clara Squad
Listed below is the full squad of Santa Clara players that the manager Luis Morgado will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Batista (12), Rocha (99), Diaz, Fernandes (1), Calila (2), Italo (44), Boateng (4), Misao, Nanu, Paulo (43), Henrique (16), Sagna (95), Domingos, Bobsin (80), Quintilla (3), Ygor, Adriano (20), Allano (7), Carvalho (8), Andrezinho (21), Almeida (19), Jordao (6), Maia, Nunes (32), Ricardinho (10), Rildo (37), Costinha (11), Motty, Stevanovic (22), Silva (49), Tagawa (9), Matheus (39), Mesquita (82), Gonzalez.
Benfica vs Santa Clara Lineups
Benfica vs Santa Clara Match Preview
Benfica collected seven points from their last three matches, as they ran out 1-0 and 1-5 winners against Braga and Portimonense, respectively. Against Sporting CP, they had to settle for a draw after a 2-2 draw. Ambitions were high for Benfica, who had their eyes on the title this season, and they are very closing to realizing the ambitions. Benfica have been in potent form at Estadio da Luz, winning no less than five of the past six Liga matches here. They also hammered in 13 goals, while letting in four as they also lost once. Benfica are on fire on home soil this season with 45 goals, while also conceding 12. This makes them the most scoring home team in the Liga.
Their past three matches saw Santa Clara beating Gil Vicente 3-2, losing 5-3 against Braga, and beating Portimonense by 1-0. Santa Clara are closer to the relegation zone than they would have wished for at this late stage of the season. They are still capable of pulling clear though and securing another season in the top flight. Santa Clara didn’t manage a single away win in their last six Liga matches, but managed zero draws, while suffering six defeats. They conceded 17 and scored five goals themselves. No team won fewer matches away from home than Santa Clara did so far in the Liga this season. A total of one match were won on their travels.
Benfica vs Santa Clara H2H
Benfica claimed a win in the previous 4 meetings with Santa Clara. Benfica no doubt look forward to their next match, as they ran out 2-1 and 3-0 winners when last playing Santa Clara. Benfica outclassed Santa Clara in their latest encounter, when they claimed a 3-0 win. The bookies have Benfica to win this match at best price odds of 1.05. Benfica managed to score at least one goal in their last 11 encounters in the Liga against Santa Clara. In six of the previous ten matches between Benfica and Santa Clara both teams scored.
Benfica vs Santa Clara Betting & Odds
Here are the odds for the game between Benfica and Santa Clara as announced by bet365 at the time of publishing this article. For the list of latest odds for the match visit bet365.com.
Match odds: Benfica (1.05) | Draw (11.00) | Santa Clara (34.00)
Over/Under goals (O/U): Under 2.5 (3.60) | Over 2.5 (1.28)
Both Teams To Score (O/U): BTTS No (1.44) | BTTS Yes (2.63)
Full Time Betting
Of their 10 most recent games at Estadio da Luz across all tournaments, Benfica won seven times, drew one and lost two. Santa Clara won zero of their recent 10 games on their travels, as well as drawing one and losing nine. Benfica managed four wins without conceding a goal in their previous 10 matches at Estadio da Luz.
Both Teams to Score
Benfica had a good reading on Santa Clara in their last two meetings, which they won by 2-1 and 3-0, respectively. In the past ten matches between home side Benfica and Santa Clara both teams found the back of the net six times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 2.63. There was over 2.5 goals in 7 of the 8 most recent Liga encounters between Benfica and Santa Clara. Under 2.5 goals came out a winning bet only three times in ten matches between Benfica and Santa Clara. Over 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 1.28 with the bookies on Saturday.
In the last ten encounters between Benfica and Santa Clara over 2.5 goals came out seven times, as Benfica averaged 2.5 goals a game. Santa Clara scored an average of 0.9 goals in these, while both teams scored six times. Benfica saw over 2.5 goals in four of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 1.6 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals appeared in five of the last ten matches that Santa Clara played across all tournaments. They scored 0.9 times on average in the process.