Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: March 8, 2023
Benfica hope for some smooth sailing after grabbing a seemingly airtight 2-0 away win against Club Bruges in the first leg. Coming away from Estadio da Luz with a similar win seems a huge task for the visitors.
Benfica vs Club Bruges Stats
- Benfica have won 7 of the last 9 matches without conceding a goal
- Benfica have not lost 21 of the last 23 home matches
- Benfica have scored in 23 of the last 25 matches
- Benfica have scored in 19 of the last 20 home matches
- In 11 of the last 13 Benfica matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Club Bruges have not won 13 of the last 15 matches
- In 8 of the last 10 matches Club Bruges played, both teams scored
- Club Bruges have conceded in 11 of the last 12 matches
- In 9 of the last 11 Club Bruges away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Club Bruges have not lost 8 of the last 10 away matches
Benfica vs Club Bruges Lineups
Benfica vs Club Bruges Preview
Benfica won four of their last six Champions League matches on home soil, while drawing once and losing once. They conceded eight and scored 15 goals.
Club Bruges won twice, while also recording two draws, and two defeats in their last six away matches in the Champions League. The scoreline from these matches says nine goals conceded and eight scored.
Benfica vs Club Bruges H2H
Benfica celebrated a 0-2 win in their most recent meeting with their upcoming opponent. Are we in for something similar at Estadio da Luz this coming Tuesday? Benfica go into their upcoming match against Club Bruges with a 100% winning record in recent meetings. This gives them a 1-0-0 record in the latest encounters with their next opponent. A record worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Full Time Betting
Estadio da Luz saw Benfica claiming eight wins out of a possible 10 across all tournaments. They drew one and lost one. Visitors Club Bruges won two of their 10 latest away games, drew five and lost three as well. Benfica have been good at forcing themselves upon their visitors, as they scored the opening goal in eight of their previous 10 matches at Estadio da Luz. Club Bruges scored the first goal in six of their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
Benfica celebrated a 0-2 win in their most recent meeting with their upcoming opponent. Are we in for something similar at Estadio da Luz on Tuesday?
Benfica performed an average of 2.7 goals a game in their previous ten matches in which over 2.5 goals came out six times. Over 2.5 goals came up in four of Club Bruges’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.1 goals in these matches.