Last Updated: September 16, 2023
AZ Alkmaar come up against visiting side Sparta Rotterdam in a Eredivisie fixture this coming Sunday at AFAS Stadion.
The two sides seem evenly matched, but Sparta Rotterdam can leapfrog AZ Alkmaar in the Eredivisie table. They are no doubt highly motivated by the chance to overtake their hosts in the standings.
How to Live Stream AZ Alkmaar vs Sparta Rotterdam on Sunday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various Eredivisie matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of AZ Alkmaar vs Sparta Rotterdam may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Stream the game via Bet365
Click on this link to watch the game live.
‘Join now’ and enter details.Log in and fund your account.Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.* Geo-restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream AZ Alkmaar vs Sparta Rotterdam on TV
UK: Mola TV
AZ Alkmaar vs Sparta Rotterdam Team Stats
- AZ Alkmaar have scored in 41 of the last 43 home matches
- AZ Alkmaar have not lost the last 13 matches in a row
- AZ Alkmaar have scored in the last 15 matches in a row
- AZ Alkmaar have won 9 of the last 10 matches
- AZ Alkmaar have won 5 of the last 6 matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Sparta Rotterdam have scored in 24 of the last 26 matches
- In 12 of the last 13 Sparta Rotterdam away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Sparta Rotterdam have not lost 15 of the last 17 matches
- Sparta Rotterdam have won 9 of the last 11 away matches and the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Sparta Rotterdam have won 9 of the last 11 away matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
AZ Alkmaar vs Sparta Rotterdam Squad lists
AZ Alkmaar Squad
Pascal Jansen will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Sparta Rotterdam from the following players:
- Hobie Verhulst (12), Mathew Ryan (1), Rome Owusu-Oduro (20), Sem Westerveld (13), Alexandre Penetra (5), Bruno Martins Indi (4), David Moeller Wolfe (18), Denso Kasius (30), Maxim Dekker (22), Wouter Goes (33), Yukinari Sugawara (2), Dani de Wit (10), Djordje Mihailovic (14), Jordy Clasie (8), Kenzo Goudmijn (28), Lewis Schouten (24), Mayckel Lahdo (23), Myron van Brederode (19), Riechedly Bazoer (25), Sven Mijnans (16), Tiago Dantas (6), Ernest Poku (21), Evangelos Pavlidis (9), Ibrahim Sadiq (11), Jelle Duin, Jens Odgaard (7), Mees de Wit (34), Mexx Meerdink (29), Ruben van Bommel (15).
Sparta Rotterdam Squad
Below is the full team squad of Sparta Rotterdam. The manager Rijsdijk will pick his starting XI against AZ Alkmaar from these players:
- Delano van Crooij (30), Kaylen Reitmaier, Nick Olij (1), Youri Schoonderwaldt (20), Bart Vriends (3), Django Warmerdam (5), Djevencio van der Kust (15), Mike Eerdhuijzen, Rick Meissen (13), Sergi Rosanas (12), Tijs Velthuis (4), Arno Verschueren (10), Camiel Neghli (7), Jonathan de Guzman (6), Joshua Kitolano (8), Metinho, Pedro Aleman (21), Pelle Clement (16), Agustin Anello (18), Charles-Andreas Brym (19), Koki Saito (11), Mehmet Yuksel (17), Said Bakari (2), Tobias Lauritsen (9), Vito van Crooij (7).
AZ Alkmaar vs Sparta Rotterdam Lineups
AZ Alkmaar vs Sparta Rotterdam Match Preview
AZ Alkmaar currently look solid, going undefeated in three matches, which started by drawing 1-1 against Brann. They followed that up by sharing the spoils with Brann in a 3-3 encounter, before beating Vitesse in a 0-2 encounter. AZ Alkmaar enter the season as candidates for a top three finish, but more than a third place would in the end would be a rather big surprise. In their last six Eredivisie home matches, AZ Alkmaar have three wins, while they’ve drawn one and lost two. They scored 15 and conceded six goals.
In their last three matches, Sparta Rotterdam drew 2-2 with Feyenoord, beat SC Heerenveen 1-3 before a 1-1 draw with Nijmegen. A season somewhat above expectations could perhaps make AZ Alkmaar a contender in a title race, though they do look capable of a podium finish if catching the right momentum. In their last six Eredivisie away matches, Sparta Rotterdam won a very acceptable four times. They’ve also drawn none and lost twice, scoring 13 while also conceding six times.
AZ Alkmaar vs Sparta Rotterdam H2H
Only once in their 6 most recent meetings did AZ Alkmaar loose against Sparta Rotterdam. AZ Alkmaar lost to 0-1 Sparta Rotterdam in their last encounter. This served as payback for the 3-2 win, which AZ Alkmaar dished out the match before that. AZ Alkmaar hold a 6-2-2 advantage against Sparta Rotterdam from their latest encounters. The bookies best betting odds on a home win are at 1.53. Sparta Rotterdam scored at least once in their last 4 Eredivisie matches against AZ Alkmaar. In the previous ten matches between AZ Alkmaar and Sparta Rotterdam, both teams found the back of the net six times.
AZ Alkmaar vs Sparta Rotterdam Betting & Odds
Here are the odds for the game between AZ Alkmaar and Sparta Rotterdam as announced by bet365 at the time of publishing this article. For the list of latest odds for the match visit bet365.com.
Match odds: AZ Alkmaar (1.53) | Draw (4.00) | Sparta Rotterdam (6.00)
Over/Under goals (O/U): Under 2.5 (2.25) | Over 2.5 (1.61)
Both Teams To Score (O/U): BTTS No (2.05) | BTTS Yes (1.70)
Full Time Betting
In their last 10 matches at AFAS Stadion across all tournaments AZ Alkmaar won six times, drew two and lost two times. Sparta Rotterdam claimed eight wins, zero draw and two defeats in their last 10 games away. In their previous 10 away games Sparta Rotterdam scored the opening goal five times, with AZ Alkmaar getting the first goal in six of their last 10 games on home soil.
Both Teams to Score
The most recent meeting between the two sides ended in a 0-1 triumph for Sparta Rotterdam, who are looking to stay on top on Sunday at AFAS Stadion. No doubt, AZ Alkmaar are planning a comeback, though. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the past ten matches between home side AZ Alkmaar and Sparta Rotterdam. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.70. Sparta Rotterdam managed at least one goal in 8 of their previous 9 Eredivisie matches against AZ Alkmaar. Over 2.5 goals came out four times in the last ten matches between AZ Alkmaar and Sparta Rotterdam. Odds on under 2.5 goals are at 2.25 with bookies.
Over 2.5 goals came out six times in the last ten encounters between these two teams. AZ Alkmaar managed an average of 2.2 goals, with Sparta Rotterdam averaging 1.4 goals in these. Both teams to score was a winning bet six times in this run of matches. In their last ten matches across all tournaments, AZ Alkmaar saw four of them finish with more than 2.5 goals, with themselves scoring an average of 2.1 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came out in eight of the last 10 matches Sparta Rotterdam played across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 2.2 goals themselves during this run.