Last Updated: September 22, 2023
The Bundesliga clash at WWK Arena on Saturday sees home team Augsburg battling it out for the win against Mainz 05.
Separated only by a narrow margin, a win for Mainz 05 in their upcoming Bundesliga clash will see them swap positions with Augsburg. Thus, a highly competitive match surely awaits at WWK Arena.
How to Live Stream Augsburg vs Mainz 05 on Saturday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various Bundesliga matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Augsburg vs Mainz 05 may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Watch the game on Bet365
Click on this link to watch the game live.
‘Join now’ and enter details.Log in and fund your account.Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.* Geo-restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Augsburg vs Mainz 05 on TV
UK: Sky Sports
Augsburg vs Mainz 05 Team Stats
- Augsburg have scored in 18 of the last 19 home matches
- In 8 of the last 9 Augsburg home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In the last 5 home matches in a row Augsburg played, both teams scored
- In 7 of the last 9 matches Augsburg played, both teams scored
- In 8 of the last 10 Augsburg matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 12 of the last 14 Mainz 05 matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 8 of the last 9 Mainz 05 away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 6 of the last 7 Mainz 05 away matches the sum of goals was over 3.5
- Mainz 05 have scored in 9 of the last 10 matches
- Mainz 05 have not lost 7 of the last 9 matches
Augsburg vs Mainz 05 Squad lists
Maassen will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Mainz 05 from the players listed below:
- Finn Dahmen (1), Marcel Lubik (33), Tomas Koubek (40), David Colina (38), Felix Uduokhai (19), Frederik Winther (26), Iago (22), Japhet Tanganga (39), Jeffrey Gouweleeuw (6), Kevin Mbabu (43), Mads Valentin Pedersen (3), Maximilian Bauer (23), Patric Pfeiffer (5), Raphael Framberger (32), Reece Oxford (4), Robert Gumny (2), Aaron Zehnter (42), Arne Engels (27), Arne Maier (10), Elvis Rexhbecaj (8), Fredrik Jensen (24), Masaya Okugawa (14), Nathanael Mbuku (34), Niklas Dorsch (30), Ruben Vargas (16), Tim Breithaupt (18), Dion Drena Beljo (7), Ermedin Demirovic (9), Irvin Cardona (48), Phillip Tietz (21), Sven Michel (20).
Mainz 05 Squad
This is the full squad of players that the Mainz 05 head coach Svensson will select from for his starting XI:
- Daniel Batz (33), Lasse Riess (1), Robin Zentner (27), Andreas Hanche-Olsen (25), Anthony Caci (19), Danny da Costa (21), Maxim Leitsch (5), Philipp Mwene (2), Sepp van den Berg (3), Silvan Widmer (30), Stefan Bell (16), Aymen Barkok (4), David Mamutovic (45), Dominik Kohr (31), Edimilson Fernandes (20), Eniss Shabani (41), Jae-Sung Lee (7), Leandro Barreiro (8), Merveille Papela (24), Philipp Schulz (35), Tom Krauss (14), Brajan Gruda (43), Jonathan Burkardt (29), Karim Onisiwo (9), Ludovic Ajorque (17), Marco Richter (10), Nelson Weiper (44).
Augsburg vs Mainz 05 Lineups
Augsburg vs Mainz 05 Match Preview
A draw is the best Augsburg can show from their last three games, where they came up short in a 3-1 defeat against Bayern Munich. A2-2 draw with Bochum followed before they were defeated 3-0 by RB Leipzig. While safety is the foremost priority for Mainz 05, a top half finish is the ultimate dream for this term. In their last six Bundesliga matches at home, Augsburg have one win, while they’ve drawn three and lost two.
In their previous three games, Mainz 05 drew 1-1 with Eintracht, then lost 4-0 against Werder Bremen and 1-3 against VfB Stuttgart. Augsburg naturally hope for a top half position come reckoning day next spring, but experts foresee a tough battle ahead in the lower regions of the Bundesliga. In their last six Bundesliga away matches, Mainz 05 failed to win even once. In stead, they’ve drawn two and lost four, scoring four while also conceding 17 times.
Augsburg vs Mainz 05 H2H
Augsburg won 5 of their 6 latest home matches against Mainz 05. A 3-1 win was the follow-up to a 2-1 victory, when Mainz 05 last faced Augsburg, no doubt raising the spirits ahead of their next trip. Look for a win for either side in the betting market here, as a stalemate seems highly unlikely. They have not played out a single draw in their last ten encounters. Augsburg managed six wins, while Mainz 05 grabbed all three points four times in these ten encounters. Picking the home win gets you odds at 2.70 with the bookies, whereas the best betting odds on an away win at full-time are at 2.45. Augsburg managed to score at least one goal in their last 12 encounters in the Bundesliga against Mainz 05. Betting on both teams to score in recent matches between Augsburg and Mainz 05 would have made you a decent profit. Both teams found their way to the goal seven times in their previous ten matches. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 1.57 with the bookies.
Augsburg vs Mainz 05 Betting & Odds
Here are the odds for Augsburg vs Mainz 05 as provided by bet365 at the time of publishing the article. For the list of latest odds for the match visit bet365.com.
Match odds: Augsburg (2.70) | Draw (3.50) | Mainz 05 (2.45)
Over/Under goals (O/U): Under 2.5 (2.10) | Over 2.5 (1.73)
Both Teams To Score (O/U): BTTS No (2.25) | BTTS Yes (1.57)
Full Time Betting
Augsburg claimed five wins, drew three and lost two of their previous 10 home matches across all tournaments. Mainz 05 won four, drew two and lost four of their last 10 games away. Goals should be on the menu at WWK Arena, with both teams scoring in six of the last 10 matches at home for Augsburg. The same outcome paid dividends in five of the last 10 away games for Mainz 05.
Both Teams to Score
Mainz 05 beat Augsburg twice in their most recent meetings, as they claimed wins by 3-1 and 2-1, respectively. As both teams found their way to the goal seven times in their previous ten matches, betting on BTTS naturally would have been profitable. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 1.57 with the bookies. The last 4 Bundesliga meetings between Augsburg and Mainz 05 had over 2.5 goals. In the previous ten matches between Augsburg and Mainz 05, both teams found the back of the net seven times.
Over 2.5 goals happened eight times in the past ten encounters between Augsburg and Mainz 05, with Augsburg scoring 1.6 goals on average per game. Mainz 05 averaged 1.4 goals, while both teams scored seven times. There were over 2.5 goals scored in eight of Augsburg’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They scored an average of 1.5 goals during this run. In the last ten games for Mainz 05, seven of them had more than 2.5 goals, and they scored an average of 3.5 times goals per game themselves.