Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 9, 2023
Aston Villa are in with a good chance of adding three nice points to their total in round 30 of the Premier League this coming Saturday. They will be disappointed if they do not beat Nottingham Forest, whom they welcome on home soil at Villa Park.
Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest Stats
- Aston Villa have scored in the last 13 matches in a row
- Aston Villa have won 3 of the last 4 matches without conceding a goal
- Aston Villa have scored in 13 of the last 15 home matches
- In 6 of the last 8 home matches Aston Villa played, both teams scored
- In 5 of the last 6 Aston Villa home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Nottingham Forest have conceded in 16 of the last 18 away matches
- Nottingham Forest have lost the last 4 away matches in a row while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Nottingham Forest have lost 3 of the last 4 away matches without scoring a goal
- Nottingham Forest have not won 9 of the last 10 matches
- Nottingham Forest have lost the last 4 away matches in a row
Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest Squad lists
Aston Villa Squad
Unai Emery will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Nottingham Forest from the following players:
- Martinez, Steer, Zych, Olsen, Sinisalo, Young, Chambers, Carlos, Konsa, Dendoncker, Digne, Cash, Mings, Kamara, Luiz, Buendia, Ramsey, McGinn, Coutinho, Moreno, Traore, Duran, Bailey, Watkins.
Nottingham Forest Squad
Listed below is the full squad of Nottingham Forest players that the manager Steve Cooper will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Johnson, Gibbs-White, Freuler, Henderson, Lodi, McKenna, Yates, Worrall, Williams, Aurier, Mangala, Lingard, Cook, Navas, Kouyate, Awoniyi, Toffolo, Boly, Felipe, Dennis, Niakhate, Shelvey, Wood, Danilo, Colback, Hennessey, Scarpa, Ayew, Surridge, Biancone, Richards, Cafu, Arter, Fornah, Swan, Mighten, Taylor.
Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest Lineups
Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest Preview
Aston Villa are enjoying their football currently with three wins on the bounce, and it began with a 3-0 win against Bournemouth. They went on to beat Chelsea by 0-2, before also getting the better of Leicester in a 1-2 victory. Aston Villa won half of their previous six matches on home soil in the Premier League, while also drawing one. They suffered two defeats, while they scored 11 and conceded ten goals.
In their past three games, Nottingham Forest lost 1-2 against Newcastle, drew 1-1 with Wolverhampton, and lost 2-1 against Leeds. Nottingham Forest managed to win just once in their past six away games in the Premier League. On top of winning once they also drew one as well as losing four, while scoring 12 time and letting in four. No team won fewer matches away from home than Nottingham Forest did so far in the Premier League this season. A total of one match were won on their travels.
Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest H2H
Neither Aston Villa nor Nottingham Forest managed a breakthrough, when they last faced each other. They ended up settling for a point in a 1-1 draw, and the best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.75. Picking a winning bet based on their h2h is a bit of a lottery, and the punter with a keen eye for a long shot might opt for the high-value price here. Aston Villa claimed three wins in their previous nine matches against Nottingham Forest. The latter managed two wins in these one encounter against their coming opponent. The bookies best betting odds on a draw at full-time are at 3.75.
Current Premier League standings
Ranked as number 7 in the Premier League standings, Aston Villa, have so far collected 44 points this season, while Nottingham Forest collected 27 points. This puts them up as number 17 after 29 rounds.
Full Time Betting
Villa Park witnessed Aston Villa winning three times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing two and losing five as well. Nottingham Forest claimed two wins, one draw and seven defeats in their last 10 games away. Nottingham Forest apparently have a hard time keeping opponents at bay on their travel with just two clean sheets in their last 10 away matches. Aston Villa pulled off one clean sheets in their past 10 matches Villa Park.
Both Teams to Score
Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest had to settle for a point each in their most recent match, which finished with a 1-1 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.75. In one of the previous one match between Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest both teams scored.
Over 2.5 goals came out five times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Aston Villa, who scored an average of 1.7 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of the last ten outings for Nottingham Forest, who managed to score 0.8 times in those matches.