Last Updated: September 18, 2023
AC Milan take on Newcastle United at San Siro, where an exciting match should be on the cards this coming Tuesday. It is one of sixteen matches in round one of the group stage of the Champions League this season.
AC Milan vs Newcastle United Stats
- AC Milan have won 5 of the last 7 home matches while scoring more than 2.5 goals
- AC Milan have won the last 4 matches in a row while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- AC Milan have won the last 4 matches in a row
- AC Milan have scored in 11 of the last 13 matches
- AC Milan have won 5 of the last 7 home matches and the sum of goals was over 3.5
- Newcastle have conceded in the last 16 away matches in a row
- In 11 of the last 13 away matches Newcastle played, both teams scored
- Newcastle have scored in 13 of the last 15 matches
- Newcastle have lost the last 3 matches in a row while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Newcastle have scored in 11 of the last 13 away matches
AC Milan vs Newcastle United Squad lists
AC Milan Squad
Pioli will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Newcastle United from the players listed below:
- Antonio Mirante (83), Lapo Nava (92), Marco Sportiello (57), Mike Maignan (16), Alessandro Florenzi (42), Davide Calabria (2), Fikayo Tomori (23), Malick Thiaw (28), Marco Pellegrino (31), Pierre Kalulu (20), Simon Kjaer (24), Theo Hernandez (19), Chaka Traore (70), Christian Pulisic (11), Ismael Bennacer (4), Luka Romero (18), Noah Okafor (17), Rade Krunic (33), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (8), Samuel Chukwueze (21), Tijani Reijnders (14), Tommaso Pobega (32), Yacine Adli (7), Yunus Musah (80), Luka Jovic (15), Olivier Giroud (9), Rafael Leao (10).
Newcastle United Squad
This is the full squad of players that the Newcastle United head coach Howe will select from for his starting XI:
- Loris Karius (18), Mark Gillespie (29), Martin Dubravka (1), Nick Pope (22), Daniel Burn (33), Emil Krafth (17), Fabian Schaer (5), Jamaal Lascelles (6), Javier Manquillo (19), Kieran Trippier (2), Matt Targett (13), Paul Dummett (3), Sven Botman (4), Valentino Livramento (21), Bruno Guimaraes (39), Elliot Anderson (32), Harvey Barnes (15), Jacob Murphy (23), Joelinton (7), Joseph Willock (28), Lewis Hall (20), Matt Ritchie (11), Miguel Almiron (24), Sandro Tonali (8), Sean Longstaff (36), Alexander Isak (14), Anthony Gordon (10), Callum Wilson (9), Lewis Miley (67).
AC Milan vs Newcastle United Lineups
AC Milan vs Newcastle United Preview
In their last six Champions League home matches, AC Milan have four wins, no draws and two defeats. They scored nine and conceded five goals.
Newcastle United managed a decent return of three wins in their last six Champions League away matches, in which they scored ten while also conceding ten times. They also experienced one draw and two defeats.
AC Milan vs Newcastle United H2H
Having never shared a season in the Champions League in recent past, this is the first time AC Milan comes up against Newcastle United in this context.
Full Time Betting
AC Milan claimed six wins, drew one and lost three of their previous 10 home matches across all tournaments. Newcastle United won four, drew three and lost three of their last 10 games away. Newcastle United scored the first goal of the match a modest three times in their 10 previous games played away from home. However, AC Milan were first on target seven times in their last 10 outings on home soil.
Both Teams to Score
This is the first time that AC Milan and Newcastle United face each other in the Champions League since the 21st century began, so any previous head-to-head records stem from cup matches or friendlies.
AC Milan performed an average of 1.8 goals a game in their previous ten matches in which over 2.5 goals came out six times. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten games for Newcastle United, who scored two times on average in these matches.